Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 400 Series 400 Series General Discussion

gain structure using a pioneer ddj s1 into driverack 480

timtimtimtim Posts: 15
hello all,

I need some help with my system. Firstly, I want a do a gain structure ( i followed the guideline in forum, it worked well when i was using my cdn95, but now i'm having some problems since using my pioneer ddj s1). Secondly, i want some advice on crossover & eq settings. i am presently using a 2 x 4 crossover.

Here's my system -

DDJ S1 > DRIVERACK 480 (inputs 1 & 2). OUTPUT 1 > CHANNEL 1, MARATHON MA-3050 AMP FOR HIGHS.

OUTPUT 3 > CHANNEL 2, MARATHON MA - 3050 FOR MID HIGHS.

OUTPUT 4 > CHANNEL 1, MARATHON MA - 5050 FOR MID HIGHS.

OUTPUT 5 > CHANNEL 2, MARATHON MA - 5050 FOR LO MIDS.

OUTPUT 7 & 8 > 2 CREST CA18 IN PARALLEL MODE FOR SUBS.

MY SPEAKER SYSTEM

4 EAW KF850 FOR TOPS - EACH BOX CONTAINS 1 AUDIO PIPE, ATX - 6650 TWEETER FOR HIGHS; 1 HORN WITH SELENIUM D405TI DRIVER, FOR MID HIGHS; 1 EMINENCE, DELTA - 10A, ALSO FOR MID HIGHS; AND 1 JBL 2225 15" FOR LOW MIDS.

4 SELENIUM SUBGRAVES HB1805C1 SUBS.

I have tried different crossover & eq settings, but my system still seems lacking. I use my system both indoors and outdoors.
Thanks in advance for any help offered .

Timtim.

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Are those components that you have in the EAW's the originals? And if so, zf,zr or z series? One other concern you listed 4 components / amps and the speaker is only a 3 way???
  • timtimtimtim Posts: 15
    Hey guys,
    I cannot get to read the "views" from my post. I'm seeing 45 views and 1 reply. I read the reply but can't get to the "views".

Timtim.
    Hello Gadget,
    Thanks the reply.
    The compenents are not the originals. I bought the EAW 850 boxes empty.
    I also installed a tweeter in each to enchance the highs. I'm using it as a
    3 way, with both the horn and the 10" for the mid highs from the drive
    rack. Am i doing something wrong here (with horn & 10" for the same frequency range)
    ?
    Hi Tim,
    The views are just that, people viewing the thread... in the biz we call em 'lurkers' here to learn and see what s posted...

Well, what were those speakers you put into the EAW's, you do realize that you cannot just put any old speaker into a cabinet and get the original performance, or anything remotely close don't you? In LF cabs (especially) the chamber the speaker is in is a special size so that it damps the excrusion of the woofer...preventing it from running up against the mechanical stops, and tearing itself apart...

The added driver is also an odd addition, the original speakers had 18K frequency response...
    Ok, i understand what you're saying. But can you suggest some crossover and eq settings for those drivers that are in the eaw boxes ? Also for the subs? Any suggestions for doing the gain structure using the Pioneer DDJ S1 ?

Timtim.
    Can you give us an idea of what drivers were used in each component location?
    HERE ARE THE SPEAKERS I INSTALLED IN THE EAW KF850 BOX FOR TOPS -

AUDIO PIPE, ATX - 6650 TWEETER FOR HIGHS - I INSTALLED THIS ABOVE THE HORN

1 HORN (THIS FLARE IS THE ORIGINAL THAT CAME WITH THE BOX) WITH SELENIUM D405TI COMPRESSION DRIVER, FOR MID HIGHS

1 EMINENCE 10" SPEAKER , DELTA - 10A, ALSO FOR MID HIGHS

AND 1 JBL 2225 15" SPEAKER FOR LOW MIDS.

ANY FURTHER THAT YOU MAY REQUIRE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS AGAIN.

TIMTIM.
    i guest i'll just have to keep on trying until i get it right.
    Sorry.. been away for a bit... do you have the original setups for those speakers? They are available on the EAW site.. other than that I have no real idea what to tell you since the original drivers are not in play here...
    thanks for the reply. i'm making some progress. i'm using the setting on the EAW site and the specs from the speakers that i'm using and it's sounding a lot better. i still have to do some further work on the subs though. thanks again.

Timtim.