Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Connectivity

Two seperate systems

sjmusicsjmusic Posts: 7
edited March 2013 in 200 Series Connectivity
Hello

I am working on a design for a night club. They have a DJ and a Live band situation.

My question is can I split the input channels to receive signals from two different sources.

I would like to keep the DJ system (ie; Mixer) separate from the FOH system as in I do not want to feed the DJ mixer through the front of house mixer.

All speakers and amplification would be shared.

Any input would be appreciated

I will be using a Drive Rack 260EQ unless there are other suggestions.

Thank you for your help

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    What about monitors for the band? What will their routing be?

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well it's either plug and unplug, run through a switcher, or run through the FOH mixer...
  • sjmusicsjmusic Posts: 7
    Floor monitors and mostly in ears. Front of house mixer is a Presonus 32.4.2

Mains are a pair JBL STX828s Subs and 8 PRX415m on stage and over dance floor.

I was wandering if I could use XLR Y cables for the inputs since it is acceptable to do that on the outputs
    Say WHAT??? You have a mixer that isn't even OUT yet? I think you mean WILL have a 32.4.2 right? April was the earliest projected release date for the mixer. I am also a moderator on the Presonus site.
    I was wandering if I could use XLR Y cables for the inputs since it is acceptable to do that on the outputs

NO!
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    If you run both the band and DJ as mono signals, then sum the A&B inputs as they go to the outputs...yes. I am not sure why you don't want to run through the main mixer (unless you are out of channels). But then you could use "Tape In" if the Pre.... has one.

DRA
    You would not BELIEVE the options that mixer has for in's and outs Dra!
    Say WHAT??? You have a mixer that isn't even OUT yet? I think you mean WILL have a 32.4.2 right? April was the earliest projected release date for the mixer. I am also a moderator on the Presonus site.

I am in the process of designing the system, and yes these are not shipping until next month. I have 2 on order.
    If you run both the band and DJ as mono signals, then sum the A&B inputs as they go to the outputs...yes. I am not sure why you don't want to run through the main mixer (unless you are out of channels). But then you could use "Tape In" if the Pre.... has one.

I would run it through the main board as I have done this in the past. Unfortunately the venue is not going to be leaving the board accessible. They plan on putting it away when there is no live music. No matter how much I have advised against this the owner seems adamant about rolling it away when not in use.

I may just spec a DriveRack 4820 instead. The expense may well outweigh the future aggravation.

Thanks all for your help
    As I said you could also use a switcher...
    can you give me an example of a switcher (Brand, Model etc.)

Thanks