Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Configuration Wizard

Zone Muted - Help!

seanbmcseanbmc Posts: 6
Hello. I am a teacher, and since my office is closest to our sound system for football games I have been charged to fix it :). We are not getting any audio out of the system, and we need it up and running for our Homecoming football game tomorrow night.

As far as I can tell everything is working until the sound gets to the dbx Drive Rack 260. As I go through the dbx260 menu the words "Zone Muted" pop up on the screen. The input indicators in the middle show audio incoming, but all the Thresholds to the right are muted. Clicking the buttons does not un-mute, it just says "Zone Muted" on the screen.

I downloaded the manual and did not see anything about the "Zone Mute"

I hope this makes sense and is an easy fix.

Thanks for any help! I hope this is the right place for this question!

Sean

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    On the back of the unit, is there a Cat5 cable connection?

DRA
    I mean a cable connected into it.

DRA
  • The unit is in a cabinet, I can try to remove the back and see. There is a router on top, so it will be easy to see if a cable is running in there. Are you thinking I should unplug/replug it in?

Sean
    No. If there is a CAT5 cable connected, it means there is a ZC remote unit like this http://www.dbxpro.com/en-US/products/zc2 . It will probably be in the press box, if I had to guess. Follow the cable.
    If there is a ZC, the volume could be all the way down, or the mute button depressed. The button may have an LED, but I do not know.

DRA
  • I opened up the cabinet and there is a cat 5 cable out the back. I followed it it the wall, but it looks like it runs outside the building and down into the ground. It was clumped with all the other speaker cables. I am going to get with maintenance first thing in the morning to see if they can help find where it goes. Thanks!

Sean
  • We are up and running!

I cant thank you enough, a pretty sleepless night for those of us who knew it was out. Found a locked room by the baseball dugout with the little box in it. Hit the mute and it fired up!

Thanks again for the help!

Sean
    :D
    Glad to help.
  • We ran sound for a bit and it kept cutting out. The little box would keep muting on its own.

I unplugged the cat5 cable completely and we are good. Hopefully this wont hurt the system, just free it up from the tyranny of the broken box. They said there was a bad storm here, maybe there is a fuse in the controller that went bad.

Sean
    Fuse? Not likely.

What you have is a DBX ZC-2. They are like $65-70 and available here
    http://www.fullcompass.com/product/243758.html A little cheaper if you call.

All you will have to do, if you get a replacement, is set the DIP switches on the new one like the old one, plug it in and... done.

DRA