Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion

Driverack 260 rebooting

floodstagefloodstage Posts: 13
Did a festival. 6 bands. During band #6, the Driverack 260 re-booted on 5 separate occasions.
Display would power down, audio would go out, it would boot and come back to where it left off.
30-45 seconds of no audio.

I-Tech amps were all good. All other gear stayed on. What could cause this. It wasn't hot out.

Brought it home and just plugged it in and have left it on for a couple days and have not seen it rebooting.
Afraid to put it back in the rack.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    What other devices were on the same circuit? How much draw was on the circuit?

DRA
  • 2 I-Tech 4000's amps on monitors and my LS9 mixing board.
    I paged thru the display on the I-tech and was watching the power when the DR rebooted once.
    It said 105 volts and wasn't going up or down. Will the DR reboot at that voltage?
    The manual says 100v min.
    Did you do ANYTHING (touch the case, recycle the power switch, etc) when it powered down?
    When you did your multi-day test, did you match the conditions exactly, or just plug it in? Same power strip? Same outlet on the power strip?
    Ever so slight loose power cable (vibration)?
    Did the last band have louder monitors than the others?
    Some Dr units have had ribbon cable issues that simply require a disconnect then re-connect. If not in warranty, open the case and try that.
    I hate problems that won't repeat. Very scary, I know.

Call tech support.
  • floodstagefloodstage Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    I think it must have been the power.
    I-Techs don't go down till about 90
    Board was on a UPS.
    Voltage could have dropped to 95 and that would have done it

Have do a LOT of testing since then and the unit has been solid.
    FWIW... My 260' screen went dark on me 2 times during one event 3 or 4 yrs ago. It still passed sound, but I could not do anything until I powered down and back up. I sent in to DBX for repair. They found a problem and it cost me about $100.

If I remember right they have a flat rate charge (unless it is major).

DRA