Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion

Settings Help For UCS1

pangell44pangell44 Posts: 21
Hi,

I've just upgraded my PA and replaced my Yamaha SW118v bottoms finally with some Yorkville UCS1's. Cant wait to hear the improvement (hopefully). When I went from my Yamaha MG206c board to the Presonus 16.4.2 board, the difference was amazing. Hoping the subs give similar results.

Anyway, the point of my post.

I have a a Driverack 260 and Yamaha Club Series S115v tops. Looking for recommended Driverack settings for this setup in terms of HPF, crossover point, slope settings, etc. also wondering with the horn loaded nature of the UCS1's, I assume I need to add some delay to the tops.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The delay depends on deployment. I cross at 100hz LR24. High pass at 37hz BW18.

DRA
  • Dra,

I'm curious, in your setup, do you run the QSC PLX3602 stereo into the UCS1's or are you running that 3600 watts in bridged mono?
    I run un-bridged. Most of my work is either DJ or live entertainment with trax or acoustic guitars. Never live bass or drums.

Yorkville has , not long ago, "upgraded" their power handling to 1200w (on paper). This was just to fall in line with what other manufacturers are doing. Light clipping in the amp on subs is not necessarily a bad thing, as it adds a bit of "dirtiness" and up to double power for peaks.

DRA
  • Dra, this is a little off topic, but seeing that you actually have UCS1's, you might know the answer.

They were just delivered last week. New from Yorkville. When I connect the speakon cables to the speakon jacks (either one either sub) I get no sound. When I throw speakon to 1/4 inch adapters on the same speakon cables and connect to the 1/4 inch jacks on the UCS1's I'm fine.

I assume it might be something to do with the mode switch on the subs, but I have no idea how to change it from mode 1 to mode 2, or if this is actually the issue.

I've emailed Yorkville and emailed and left message for the dealer, and have gotten no reply yet. Going to try to call Yorkville tomorrow.

If you know how to solve this, I'd be very happy. I didn't plan on going out and using 1/4 inch adapters on the subs.

Philip
  • DennisDennis Posts: 801
    pangell44 wrote:
    Dra, this is a little off topic, but seeing that you actually have UCS1's, you might know the answer.

They were just delivered last week. New from Yorkville. When I connect the speakon cables to the speakon jacks (either one either sub) I get no sound. When I throw speakon to 1/4 inch adapters on the same speakon cables and connect to the 1/4 inch jacks on the UCS1's I'm fine.

I assume it might be something to do with the mode switch on the subs, but I have no idea how to change it from mode 1 to mode 2, or if this is actually the issue.

I've emailed Yorkville and emailed and left message for the dealer, and have gotten no reply yet. Going to try to call Yorkville tomorrow.

If you know how to solve this, I'd be very happy. I didn't plan on going out and using 1/4 inch adapters on the subs.

Philip

It looks like the NL4 connectors on the subs are wired 2+/- instead of 1+/- but I think there is a switch to reverse that..........read the spec's
  • Yes, that's what I gather. But the switch is like nothing I've ever seen. It isn't apparent how to "switch" it. There is no manual, and searches have turned up nothing on how to actual change the mode switch.

Perhaps this is just a simple change and I'm just dense.
    Mine did the same thing. They come from the factory set to "pass-through" mode from the top cabs. Take a pen or small object and move the switch to the other side.

DRA