Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

DRPA+ Hiss Noise

musik50musik50 Posts: 6
edited February 2014 in PA Connectivity
Hello..Need help regarding hissing audible sound during stand-by (no present input signal) on my DRPA+..I've already tried several things like removing the input signal or input connection to the unit to see if the noise is coming from source (mixer, other equipments) please advise thanks and regards.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Is unit set to +4 or -10?
    What are the gains at the cross-over filters set to?
    What are the gains of the amp(s) set to?
    What are the master faders set to?
    Did you do a Gain Structure Set-up as describe in the read me first section?
    Is this a new unit?
    Is this a new problem?

DRA
  • Options
    Hi DRA...Thanks for your quick reply

1.Is unit set to +4 or -10? The unit is set to -10db
    2.What are the gains at the cross-over filters set to? all are set to 0db with EQ,Compressor & Limiter off
    3. What are the gains of the amp(s) set to? all gain controls (pots) are set to the middle
    4. What are the master faders set to? -10db before 0db
    5. Did you do a Gain Structure Set-up as describe in the read me first section? Yes I did, for 3 way system and 2 way system (2 amplified and one sub) but same problem exist
    6. Is this a new unit? Yes it is, My sister bought it in the US and send it to me here in the Philippines, and since the supply voltage is 110V, I have to use a stepdown transformer from 220v to 110V. I even tried to reverse the AC plug because sometimes it works with other equipment but no luck and its not a new problem because I've already notice it at the very first time.

Just like what i have mentioned on my first post, I pulled out the cables to the DRPA+ input so no signal is present but result is the same.

Regards,

Musik50
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Set the unit to +4 and give it a try. -10 is for consumer grade gear and really boosts the signal.
  • Options
    Thanks DRA...I will try to give it a try on our next gig and I will give an update to you..... :D