Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

4 way mono

rolrol Posts: 22
Hi,
I would like to have some suggestions on setting my Dr 260 crossover frequencies. I have already configured it to four way mono. These are speakers I intend to use:
High----Jbl 2446h---

high mid---Jbl 2206h

low mid----Peavey 1505 dt
(The top boxes are font loaded with the high, high mid and the low mid speakers.)

Lows----EVX 18b---super scoop box

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Use LR24 for all filters, except for the HPF on the sub, use BW18 for that. You really have to decide on what you want the 15" to do (help the sub or help the mids).
    The horn should cross maybe around 750hz.
    The 12" should cross no lower than 125 - 200hz.

DRA
  • Options
    I need the 15' to help the mid. I will appreciate If an example of the frequency range is given; e.g Horns--from 2k to 16k..............

Thanks
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Define mid. What note on a piano would you like the 12" & 15" to share?
    Do you want the fundamental kick sound (80hz) to be in the sub or the 15"

DRA
  • Options
    I am not a sound tech, I don't know about what key of the piano the mids(12', 15' ) should share. I suppose, I want the vocals and lead instrument to sound clean.....the kick I want it in the subs......I would like my system to output a nice punchy kick...

Thanks
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Dra wrote:
    The horn should cross maybe around 750hz.

While I tend to roll my own, I pay attention to what the manufacturer does and the lowest I have seen JBL xo that style of horn is 933Hz but 99% of the time I see a 1.1kHz to 1.3kHz crossover point. I hesitate to recommend a 900something xo point because it is easier to overdrive the horn at lower frequencies.