Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Cant find the 260 training module

AlgreeneAlgreene Posts: 9
Greetings,
I have ordered a factory refurbished DR 260 and want to learn all I can while waiting for it to arrive. However, when I go to the training modules, then under the drop down menu, it does not have the 200 series listed. Wonder why?
Thanks for any help finding it,
Alg :?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Wow. That's odd.
    The training page from the tab above looks like it has a problem, so I went to the main DBX site's download page. Nothing there either. Call tech support. I am sure they may have had some web work to reorganize things and it got misplaced.

DRA
  • Options
    The tech support guy said they never had a specific 260 training module. The software module uses the 260 as the example however. That seems strange considering the major differences between the PA and the 260, and the 260 and the 4800 I'm sure. :?:
  • Options
    That is not true. You could do it online or download it. It was specifically for the 260. I have used it and referred other to it... and they did it. I am referring to the 260 GUI training module.

http://dbxpro.com/en-US/training_modules/58

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks for that. I watched it. My 260 came in yesterday and I have not started working with the GUI software yet. I hooked it up to my studio system and loaded U4 - 2 x 5. Then started editing the parameters. I was wondering if the 260 is fully functional from the front panel. I can't seem to access the GEQ while repeatedly pressing the eq button. Just the PEQ. I also can't seem to access the subharmonic synth while repeatedly pressing the "other" button. Just the AFS. I tried doing a hard reset to restore factory defaults and start over, with the same result. Please forgive me if this is an error on my part and this has already been discussed. Just trying to check the functionality of the unit. I bought it from a Harmon online (ebay) store and it was labeled "refurbished". It did come with the GUI software and the appropriate cable etc.
  • Options
    Press the program button. Do you see the "P" under EQ module. That means it is set to Parametric. Using factory presets (that you modify to need) cause these types of problems. It is best to start from scratch with the wizard and save to a slot (just start with #1 and name it what you want).

AFS - On the same screen you see under the INSert modules: FB (feedback / AFS) and C (compressor)
    Sub-sonic is not accessible because it is not in the set-up.

DRA