Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion

DR 260 in recording

AlgreeneAlgreene Posts: 9
Greetings,
I am a hobbyist. I have to sustain my sound system and recording studio without adding significant cost. (Putting 2 through college). Therefore I have to buy and sell gear and use what I have for multiple purposes. I now have a Behringer :| Ultradyne for mastering my demos and recordings after selling my TC finalizer to raise money for other stuff. The Behringer is OK, but it could use some help. Does anyone have any experience using the 260 as a final mixdown or mastering tool for recording. After all it has many of the tools you need - GEQ, PEQ, compression, limiting, and even a touch of subhamonics here and there. Are the AD / DA converters clean enough? Thanks for your input.
ALG

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Sorry. The 260 is clean for live use. Can't help on recording. Try the PSW forums.

DRA
  • SoapmSoapm Posts: 20
    Just curious, but if this is for recording only, why not a software solution? They got software now that will do it all and then some for a fraction of what hardware cost.
  • AlgreeneAlgreene Posts: 9
    Soapm wrote:
    Just curious, but if this is for recording only, why not a software solution? They got software now that will do it all and then some for a fraction of what hardware cost.

I don't think you fully read my post. I said I had a pa - "sound system" and a recording studio. I do occasional event set ups and occasional Church events and concerts. I've had a DRPA for my system for several years, but wanted to upgrade. I still use an all in one hard disk recording desk in my studio - A Yamaha AW4416. Have considered many times going to computer recording but this system is still superb. I can do 16 tracks at the same time at 24/48 and the quality is excellent. The platform is very stable also. Just hard to beat for the investment.