Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Software Control

Driverack PA2 won't accept firmware update...

PscribbyPscribby Posts: 28
edited February 12 in Software Control
Ok, a strange issue here. I have 3 driverack pa2 units. All 3 connect to home network and I can connect to them with my laptop using the control app just released. I was able to update the firmware in 2 of the units with no problem at all. Updated from 1.1.2 to 1.1.9. The last one will not update. What happens is the laptop downloads the update, then it starts to upload to device (for about 1/2 second) then the driverack reboots itself, killing the connection... Since the firmware never had a chance to upload to the rack, it simply boots up normally with the original firmware. I have tried rebooting the laptop, cycling power on the drive rack, both... All to no avail. I am using same Lan cable (just moving it from driverack to driverack). It worked on first unit no problem. Did not work on second. Worked fine on 3rd. I then tried #2again,and same result... Puzzled.. Any ideas or work - around?

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You need to call tech support (or email), but it sounds like a defective unit. If you bought from a reputable place recently... return it and save the repair hassle.

DRA
  • PscribbyPscribby Posts: 28
    Dra wrote:
    You need to call tech support (or email), but it sounds like a defective unit. If you bought from a reputable place recently... return it and save the repair hassle.

DRA

DRA,

Yeah, called tech support yesterday... they suggested trying a hard factory reset (holding down store button while powering up)... and if that didn't work they recommended returning the unit...

The hard reset did not fix the problem, so I am returning this unit today... (bought it from Guitar Center... they've been good to work with so far...)
  • PscribbyPscribby Posts: 28
    UPDATE: Got a replacement unit last night... firmware updates just fine... definitely something wrong with that other unit...
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    :)
This discussion has been closed.