Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2
Options

PA2 RTA + AutoEQ usability

martin900martin900 Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in DriveRack PA2
I am curious about how precise is the RTA option on the PA2, is it accurate enough for home use or is it more suited for a venue?

Comments

• Options
    SlonarSlonar Posts: 3
    I would say it is wonderful for home hifi, this is how I did it in me stereo + sub setup;

First I did an auto eq with just the sub "on", noted the filters applied and inserted these filters in the PA2's low frequency channels parametric eq, then redid the auto eq with only the high frequencies and once again noted and inserted these settings in the high frequencies parametric eq. As a final touch did the auto eq once again with all channels on to smooth thing even more.

The reason I did it this way is because my room seemed to cause big problems in certain areas, so by fixing thos e problems first the last pass with the auto eq could address more fine tuning, it is almost as if i had a 24 band parametric eq

DBX should implement an auto eq for every channel, seems this would pretty easy software upgrade as the function is already there...

Before this my setup included a velodyne sms-1, the PA2 is without a doubt much better for the auto eq