Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2

Can you change Device Name or set Static IP

mbdundee00mbdundee00 Posts: 7
edited August 2014 in DriveRack PA2
Is there a way to change the Device Name as seen from the eternal application? Old firmware called it PA2, new firmware calls it My DriveRack. When you have multiple PA2's they all have the same name of My DriveRack when viewed in the application. Makes it interesting to ensure you have the right one selected to work with. I can't seem to find a way to rename them.
Is there a way to set a static IP address? If there is only DHCP it makes needing the ability to modify the name important as DHCP may not always keep the same IP.

Comments

• The device name can be changed through the front panel. Press the Utility button and select "Device Name." After editing the name, be sure to press Utility again, and follow the on screen prompts. Restart the app, and the PA2 should appear under its new name.

Static IP's are not supported on the PA2.
  • Thank you, feel kinda dumb, I looked at that menu several time and somehow kept glossing over it.
    As a side note, I have been using the PA and PA+, I must say the PA2 is pretty awesome so far. Having the app control is a big +.