Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard

PA+, How to escape after Auto EQ left channel?

byaceybyacey Posts: 16
edited September 2014 in PA Configuration Wizard
After the left channel finished Auto EQ, is there any way to save that setting without having to also Auto EQ the right channel?

After Auto EQ is completed, the PA+ forces you to go through the Auto Feedback wizard. Is there any way to save the auto EQ results and abort the wizard without having to perform the auto feedback wizard too?

If anyone from DBX engineering is listening, probably the number one complaint I have is not being able to individually select which channel to Auto EQ. Often it's not desirable to have to go through the motions of Auto Eqing the Left channel if only the Right channel is desired.

This is especially the case when using one channel for mains, and another for a monitor mix.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    If mains and monitors, wouldn't you WANT to EQ both. To avoid having to do both you have to set up as stereo linked EQ. At least that is the terminology for the DRPA.

DRA
  • With the PA, you can release the Auto EQ button by the XLR input jack to abort the process after EQing the left channel.

Unfortunately the PA + doesn't have this button, and it forces you into the feedback setup.

Why can't they build things that allow the user to choose the functions?
    My point was, that if you configure the EQ to be stereo linked at set-up, it only does one pass and done.

DRA
  • Linking the EQ will apply the same EQ to monitors and mains. That isn't going to work.
    I thought you were using that as an example. You didn't say that is what you were doing.

Seems I saw in a thread that pressing the preset button exits the wizard. Any changes done to the GEQ would still be intact.

DRA