Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity

How do I connect a 4 speaker center cluster, 2 models?

FeldschauFeldschau Posts: 3
edited March 2015 in PA Connectivity
Here is my setup.

Behringer X32 Board
2 Foh Br15 Yamaha speakers
2 Foh JBL MP215 speakers
2 Mackie 1801 Powered Subs.

The two JBL's are hung in a center cluster
The two BR15's sit one on each of the outsides of the JBL's.
The JBL's are on one bridged crown amp CE2000 and run in parallel
The BR15s are on one Peavy CS800 bridged amp run in parallel.

What is the best way to configure the PA+ so that each of the speakers can be EQ'd correctly and what are the correct crossover points for each as well? My head is hurting trying to figure it all out. Just need it all mono as well. Thank you!

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Set up in the wizard using Custom bi-amp with sub. This is a 3-way (H, M, & L).
    X-over settings:
    High - 100hz LR24 - out
    Mid - 100hz LR24 - out
    Low - 35hz BW18 - 100hz LR24

PEQs available:
    High - 3 (assign the speaker that needs the most correction here)
    Mid - 2
    Low - 2

DRA
  • Thank you for the quick response! Could you walk me through the menu on the PA+. Not sure where to even begin with applying what you mentioned. Thank you!

Example: Setup as Mono or Dual Mono or Stereo or Stereo Linked, etc.
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I don't have a "+", so I can't be specific. But the principles all apply.
    Personally I would set up as mono. If you were more experienced with the DRPA, you might try stereo. The benefit is that you can have a GEQ for each set of speakers, but with that... more probability that you adjust the wrong GEQ. You would have to send 2 mono signals from the mixer to the left and right inputs (easy, just pan all channels to center). To be able to control the top cab sets separately (gain, PEQ, limiters (AFS is always linked, so if you have more feed back issues from on set vs the other be sure to turn off the other set when setting the AFS) AND have separate GEQ, set 1 goes on left high, set two goes on mid right, subs should go on the side with your primaries.

DRA