Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

Driverack 480 xlr inputs

timtimtimtim Posts: 15
edited April 2015 in PA Connectivity
Hello all,

Just a quick one, the xlr are pin 1 ground, pin 2 positive and pin 3 negative, right? Also, the 4 inputs have a pin 1 ground/lift switch. Can anyone explain this a bit? Thanks in advance.

Timtim.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Use the ground lift to eliminate ground loops (buzz). Not guaranteed to work, but if you are lucky....

DRA

PS - you posted in the PA section. There is a dedicated 480 series section.
  • Options
    Hi all,

Another quick one I need an answer on - The Driverack 480 has #2 pin as positive and the crest audio 9001 has #3 pin as possitive. Does this mean I have to make a cable with #2 pin from the driverack to #3 pin on the 9001 ???

Thanks in advance.
    Timtim
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    That is a question similar to one I asked on the PSW forum. I never got a straight forward and definitive answer. The summation of many replies was "it is probably not a big deal, BUT it is best to do it right". Making a special cable or buying a reversing adaptor are options. Just make sure that you label them, so they don't get used as a standard cable.

DRA

Here is the link, if curious.
    http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php ... 570.0.html
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Dra wrote:
    That is a question similar to one I asked on the PSW forum. I never got a straight forward and definitive answer. The summation of many replies was "it is probably not a big deal, BUT it is best to do it right". Making a special cable or buying a reversing adaptor are options. Just make sure that you label them, so they don't get used as a standard cable.

DRA

Here is the link, if curious.
    http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php ... 570.0.html

I'll bet anything the amp has a jumper to reverse polarity...some older Crests do
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply guys.

With regards to the jumper to change polarity, I don't think there's any. There's just a strip that says " signal ground lift ".

I was just wondering, why would Crest Audio make an amp with pin #3 positive when almost all other equipment have pin #2 positive??

Thanks again
    Timtim.
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    timtim wrote:
    Thanks for your reply guys.

With regards to the jumper to change polarity, I don't think there's any. There's just a strip that says " signal ground lift ".

I was just wondering, why would Crest Audio make an amp with pin #3 positive when almost all other equipment have pin #2 positive??

Thanks again
    Timtim.

Check out the octal sockets on the back of the amp
  • Options
    Thanks a million !!! I got it !!!

Timtim.