Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Configuration Wizard
Options

Driverack PA2 w/ new SRX 835s

mvpdjsmvpdjs Posts: 2
edited May 2015 in Configuration Wizard
Hello all,

I'm having trouble hooking up this system to my speakers. I'm connecting powered speakers, specifically two JBL SRX 835s and two JBL PRX 518s Subs. I put the subs in the lows and the SRX 835s in the highs. The plan for the 835s were to put them in full range so it'd operate as normal but I can't find that option. I only see either mono or 2 way after I select custom not listed.. I can only get the highs out of the 835s. How do I get the 835s to act as full range with Hi, Mids, and Lows? I saw a few topics on hooking up powered speakers but most answers are to simply connect in full range but I can't seem to find that option. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I couldn't find an SRX 835 that is powered. The Mono or 2-way "branch option" is also odd. Just select another JBL powered speaker that has similar specs to yours.
    As far as running the 835's full range, simply lower the LPF (Low Pass Filter) of the Highs output down to where you want it. Once you tell the PA2 that you have subs, Full Range is not offered. Preset #3 should work for you, assuming that you want stereo, if you want to avoid using the set-up wizard for selecting speakers at all.

DRA