Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2
Options

Video requirements for PC software

ChrisDuncanChrisDuncan Posts: 6
edited June 2015 in DriveRack PA2
Hey, guys.

I have two new Lenovo ThinkPad laptops with enough horsepower to run Cubase, a box in the studio for my DAW, and another box for video editing, which consequently has a high end video card. Of the four, I can only install the software on the box with the high end card. The new laptops and DAW box all complain that the card doesn't have the latest & greatest version of (I believe) Open GL. This was with version 1.4.

My laptops are for the live show, and of course you can't replace the integrated video on the typical laptop so I'm kinda screwed there. I can install it on my Android tablet, but that means having to set up a wireless network on gigs, which isn't necessary for anything other than this bit of software.

While it draws some graphs, this isn't a demanding video application like After Effects, so I don't understand why it has such significant video card requirements to install. I realize there's not much user traffic here, but I was just wondering if anyone else ran into these installation requirement hassles on their PCs and perhaps found some workaround that I'm overlooking.

Would be grateful for any suggestions to get this onto my audio laptops. I really don't want to be forced into tablets and wireless networks for something this simple.

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You should contact tech support.
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    You should contact tech support.
    Apologies, just joined and thought the support staff interacted on the forums as that's common for tech companies. Didn't realize it was only users here.
  • Options
    I have dealt with them of several occasions. They are very helpful and friendly. Good luck.
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    I have dealt with them of several occasions. They are very helpful and friendly. Good luck.
    Sent a message to support, thanks for the help.
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    But apparently not very quick to reply. Put in a support request yesterday morning, not a peep from them yet.

How long do they usually take to respond?
  • Options
    I meant you should call.
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    I meant you should call.
    Oh. The telephone. How quaint. :)