Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2
Options

DriveRack PA2 and Bose L1 Model II

waltrwaltr Posts: 4
edited September 2015 in DriveRack PA2
I just replaced my DriveRack Px with the DriveRack PA2. I selected the "Not Listed" option for the speaker and amp (Bose L1 Model II). For input I selected Mono with stereo linked. I have left and right channels running to the PA 2 but only the left feeding the Bose. Here is where I have a problem or question. When I run the "Auto Level" and Auto EQ" with a RTA mic, since I have only one speaker it does the left fine but then it says "No Signal" for the right speaker. The only options it offers at that point is "Try Again" or "Cancel". Selecting either option starts the Auto Level and Auto EQ over again. Is there a way to let the PA2 know I am only running one Bose Speaker. I looked through the manual and couldn't find an answer. If I back out is the EQ set for the one speaker. Any help will be appreciated.
Also, I am using the RTA mic that came with the PX. Is this ok or do I need the RTA-M? What is the difference?

Walt

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Inconvenient huh?
    Use a combiner ("Y") to tie L&R outputs together. It will essentially test the speaker twice. You might also call tech support to see if there is another work around.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    Inconvenient huh?
    Use a combiner ("Y") to tie L&R outputs together. It will essentially test the speaker twice. You might also call tech support to see if there is another work around.

DRA

I thought about that but didn't know if it would damage the PA2. Thanks for the suggestion.

Walt
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The PA2 does the same thing internally for mono subs. Many mixers do the same.

DRA
  • Options
    Ok, I used a "Y" adaptor as you suggested and it worked. I was able to get through the wizard successfully. As I originally stated, the PA2 is replacing a PX. So far I am not convinced that the PA2 is an improvement over the PX. At least in terms of the Auto EQ and the feedback control. I used it at a venue last night that I had been using the PX at and I had feedback issues all night where I didn't with the PX. I guess time will tell.