Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Configuration Wizard

Setup W/6 Speakers and 3 Amps

bucksargebucksarge Posts: 17
Hello,

Currently running a DR260 utilizing 2 x JBl PRX 415 and 2 x JBL MRX 518S through 2 x Crown XTI 4000 for FOH. Subs HPF 45 HZ BW18, LPF 100hz LR224 and tops HPF 100hz LR224. Running out through channels 1 - 4

Want to add 2 x MRX 512M monitors through 1 x XTI 4000 into the mix having the monitors running the full bandwidth. To run out through channels 5 - 6.

Mackie mixer 1604 VLZ3 going into DR 260

Can't seem to figure out the Driveware GUI.............No way I see to configure a third amp and a third set of speakers.

I'm probably blind but would some kind individual explain (or point to) how this would be done.....either through the Driveware GUI or through the built in config wizard of the DR260.

Your help is appreciated.

bucksarge

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    See this post to help. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2228

To set up the DR260 to use this config, you have to lie to it and tell it you have a 3-way system (biamp w/ sub).

If your monitor are just the FOH mix on stage, stereo can be used. But if you need a separate monitor mix you MUST set up as mono. FOH in A (for example), and monitors in B.

If you still don't understand, PM me your Email and I will configure you a set-up that you can import into your 260. Just include the particulars of what you want. Inputs, outputs, modules, etc.

DRA
  • bucksargebucksarge Posts: 17
    Dra wrote:
    See this post to help. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2228

To set up the DR260 to use this config, you have to lie to it and tell it you have a 3-way system (biamp w/ sub).

If your monitor are just the FOH mix on stage, stereo can be used. But if you need a separate monitor mix you MUST set up as mono. FOH in A (for example), and monitors in B.

If you still don't understand, PM me your Email and I will configure you a set-up that you can import into your 260. Just include the particulars of what you want. Inputs, outputs, modules, etc.

DRA

DRA, Thanks for the input. I'll review the post mentioned above and work with the Driveware Gui this weekend. If I'm still unable to figure it out, I'll PM you as you suggest.

Regards
    Hello Dra,

Had some time available today and after reviewing the post you suggested, here's how I configured using the Driveware GUI:

Used 2 x 5 w/1 zone and using the wizard changed to 2 x 6 by going from Mono Sub to Stereo. This gave me ch. 1 & 2 as Monitors, ch. 3 & 4 as FOH Tops, and ch. 5 & 6 as FOH Subs.

Assigned Monitors as A and Tops and Subs as B. Monitors, Tops, and Subs configured as 1 x 2 crossover with Monitors = HPF 60.7Hz BW18 and LPF 12.5Khz BW6
    Tops = HPF 99.2Hz LR24 Subs = 40.5Hz BW18 and LPF 99.2Hz LR24

How does this look?

Regards,

bucksarge
    Is this what you have?

or this?

or this?

Any of these would work. It just depends on how much common control vs ind control you want. Or a hybrid of these.

DRA

PS - Sorry for the delay. For some reason I am not getting notices.
    Hello Dra,

I've attached a capture of my config. Looks very close to your first pic.

Thanks a bunch!

Bucksarge
    The only thing I don't like is that your have to set 2 filters for each input. That could be problematic. I would select one from each and disable it, like in my first.

DRA
    Dra wrote:
    The only thing I don't like is that your have to set 2 filters for each input. That could be problematic. I would select one from each and disable it, like in my first.

DRA

Dra

Will make that change and see how it comes out.

Thanks

bucksarge