Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Input Voltages (Power Supply) Question

GaleForceEightGaleForceEight Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in PA General Discussion
I recently took over the responsibility of running of the technical aspects of a small convention concern...

So I provide the stage management, sound, and light for actors on stage during the day and the disco/party in the evenings.

The equipment I 'inherited' was mostly rather elderly, having seen its best days in the latter part of the last century (I kid you not) so I have been dragging it into relative modernity though on a tight budget.

I acquired a second hand PA2, but I have found that it a US version and requires an external transformer as it does not have an integrally switching power supply. (I am in the UK with 240v mains, the PA2 is configured for 110v)

So here is my question.... I prefer things neat and tidy - is it possible to change out or reconfigure the power supply so I can run it straight from a 240v mains? Would Harman service department accommodate this? Am I stuck lugging around the transformer?

(apologies for the wall of text)

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    This is a user forum and no one from dbx ever comes here (extremely rare). You will need to call or email tech support directly.

DRA