Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Advice on best JBL Portable Audio equipment with DBX PA2

happyhackinghappyhacking Posts: 9
edited March 2017 in PA General Discussion
Hi, im looking the advice from experts on this subject, right now i own a small PA system that includes 4x JBL EON 515XT, 2x JBL EON 518S a NI Kontrols S4 controller and a Driverack PA+, and everything sounds ok, but i want a much better PA system,so i have the plan to renew all the equipment and this is what i already bought and own:
Main Mixer: Pioneer DDJ-RZX
Audio Processor: Stereo Vitalizer Mk2-T
Speaker Management System: Driverack PA2

This are the speakers i want to buy:
4x JBL SRX835P + 2x JBL SRX828SP
Or
4x JBL PRX835W + 2x JBL PRX818XLFW

So i need some advice to get the best PA sound system possible (at this size), and i would love all the suggestions on audio processors or equipment that im missing (if any), if i need a better Driverack and which would be the best setup for this kind of system. As a side note i need to buy JBL speakers since this are easy to buy overhere. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The powered SRX's you listed are quite capable, and heard great things about them. If you go that route, a Driverack may not even be needed.
    Curious - Why 4 top cabs?

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    The powered SRX's you listed are quite capable, and heard great things about them. If you go that route, a Driverack may not even be needed.
    Curious - Why 4 top cabs?

DRA
    Thank you for your time, why 4 top cabs? Im trying to emulate my actual configuration, but perhaps its too much isnt it ? Would be better to just have 2 of them ?
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Front or side fills, or delays would be the only need for a 2nd pair. The subs will never keep up in most applications.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    Front or side fills, or delays would be the only need for a 2nd pair. The subs will never keep up in most applications.

DRA

What do you think it would be the best speakers configuration using srx 800 series ? Im not very savy on this subject but i would like to have the best portable sound system and if possible to have a "surround" sound like through an old gemini sp-1 processor.
    Do you know any other signal processor that is worth the investing in ?

Thank you so much and please excuse my bad english.