Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2
Options

which driverack for me ?

dj johndj john Posts: 3
edited March 2017 in DriveRack PA2
OK I've decided it's time to upgrade . I am a small bar band /dj kj sound guy when I run for bands it's the typical mains ,subs and 2 monitor sends .When I dj and karaoke its 2 mains and a hot spot monitor Now keeping in mind I have a small budget which driverack would you recommend ?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    If you mix mono (and by the way, if you pan every channel to the center, that is mono) and have to separate monitor mixes, you need the Venu360. 3 separate sound source inputs that must remain separate?

If you mix true stereo and a single monitor mix (but going to 2 monitor positions), you need the Venu360. 3 separate sound source inputs that must remain separate?

If mono FOH and a single monitor mix, you might get by with the PA2, but there are limitations in that some modules cannot be adjusted / used separately, like the AFS is combined so that what feedback frequency is pulled out in monitors, is also pulled out in the mains. You would be wiser to purchase a used Driverack 260 for this 2 input scenario.

DRA
  • Options
    ok forgive my ignorance . If I were to go with a two input could I use one for mains and the other for monitors and not send the subs through it ?or would that sound bad ?
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The input for the mains can still be cross over for the tops and subs. Even if the other input is full range for the monitors. The 260 is far better suited for this, but the PA, PA+, & PA2 can be set-up to perform this task almost equally as well, but as mentioned before, some modules (like AFS) cannot be separated.

In the FAQ section you will find this and many more useful stuff. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2228

There will be some difference, potentially, from the PA2, but the principles apply.

If you need clarification, feel free to ask.

DRA

PS - Even with the fancy tablet control, if I had a monitor mix, I would want it completely isolated from the mains input in all modules. A used 260 would be my choice. It still has laptop control and much more versatile than any in the PA series.