Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack VENU360
Options

Speaker Settings

judeacousticjudeacoustic Posts: 11
edited April 2017 in DriveRack VENU360
I've been chugging along with my new VENU360 and have just assembled a new smaller PA to take advantage of some opportunities that have come my way. The new FOH speakers I am using are POWERED ACTIVE YAMAHA DSR112 tops and POWERED ACTIVE YAMAHA DXS18 Subs. Any chance there are any setting for these that can be imported into the processor so I can use it with them? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The Yamaha's probably have their own processing already. You just need to applied a x-over in between them. I would suggest 100hz LR24. To go this route, you need to make sure that the filter selector on the sub is on 120hz if it cannot be bypassed altogether. The thru selection may be a bypass. This method lets you control the sub and top levels separately with the 360.
    The other option is to control the combo as a single system and use the x-over sections on the speakers themselves. Really depends on what you want. I still recommend 100hz fro this combo.

DRA
  • Options
    mamericamamerica Posts: 3
    To take this a step farther, is there a way to add custom speaker tunings to the list?

I bought the VENU360-D for our monitor rig. The monitors themselves are home-brewed coaxial. They actually sound pretty good but if we ran a transform analysis and came up with some eq settings can we add them to the unit's internal list?
  • Options
    Just alter an available preset rename & save it.
  • Options
    mamericamamerica Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah, that'll work but we don't always use the monitors in the same configuration. Sometimes it's five separate mixes. Sometimes two and sometimes one. Sometimes I will use Dante, sometimes I won't. For small jobs, I may want to use the same DriveRack for FOH plus a single channel for monitors. If there was a way to store my own speaker EQ settings, it would be pretty handy.
  • Options
    Create a preset for each of your needs. Each with the EQ setting you need.