Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2

iOS app doesn't work with iOS 11

danray0424danray0424 Posts: 2
edited January 2018 in DriveRack PA2
The new version came out on tuesday and since then the app doesn't launch. It gives a message saying "The developer needs to update this app to run in iOS 11".

Presumably this means it's a 32-bit app, which just stopped being supported in iOS as of this version (which has been public knowledge for at least two years).

What's the ETA on an update? A key use-case of the DB2 is broken until this addressed.

(Also, my company does iOS development, so if dbx needs external help with this, hit me up.)

Comments

• I will have the same problem. I'm about to receive this processor, tomorrow. What a big problem !
    I wish there will be a new version in the coming days !

Regards,

Nicolux, from France !
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You should CALL tech support. They almost NEVER monitor this forum.

DRA
  • Hi !

Message received Monday from dbx :

"
    Hello Nicolas,

We are aware of this and hope to have an update out soon. Let us know if you need anything else.

Travis Long
    Harman Signal Processing
    TCS
    10653 S River Front PKWY
    South Jordan, UT 84095
    Phone: 801-566-8800
    Email: travis.long@harman.com
    "
  • Same here....

They kinda need to update the app ASAP....
    The driverack is kinda only a ½ product without the app working.... FIX plz
    Do you have a laptop?
  • I dont have a laptop, and regardless I'm not starting to take my whole office with me out on gigs because DBX is slow to update an app they have known for 2 years would be outdated.
  • Roll back to 10.3.3 while you still can. Apple is still signing 10.3.3 as of right now, but will probably stop within the next week or so. I don't expect dbx to have an update for while, so if you need the control app in the near future, best to roll back ASAP.

This is exactly because dbx slept on updating their app to 64bit.
    acoustika wrote:
    I dont have a laptop, and regardless I'm not starting to take my whole office with me out on gigs because DBX is slow to update an app they have known for 2 years would be outdated.

So you get snippy with another user offering solutions? No one suggested that you bring a desk, filing cabinet, copier, and coffee pot to your gig.
  • Apple stopped signing 10.3.3 last night. It's in dbx's hands now...
  • Bought new PA2 and new ipad just for the functionality yesterday and right out of the box app is out dated. Any other brands have similar products with the remote features or am I limited to the VENU system? I really don't want to rely on dbx providing a timely fix for the app considering their history of updating is almost nonexistent. Thx for the recommendations!
  • When I decided to buy a DBX, I knew in advance that it was a VFM product. But, I couldn’t spend a small fortune buying a “Lab Gruppenâ€? or “Xilicaâ€? or (even) “Electro-Voiceâ€?…

Using the PA2, I was completely satisfied till the time that I needed “support�… Then, I discovered that (in fact) there is (almost) no support! Even at forum, only Dra (a simple user, not admin or moderator) is available to help (and I thank him very much)…

I m not able to explain why there is this indifference on the part of DBX. May be due to the fact that Crown digital amplifiers now incorporate most of the functions of a LMS and they focus on that. But, even in this case, there must be respect – support for anyone who spent money for a DBX product…

In conclusion, I strongly believe that the more e-mails and phone calls receive the support department of DBX, the more likely they are to take their customers into account…
  • YiliaYilia Posts: 1
    Hope there is significant support for DBX so that iOS app can work well with iOS 11. One other problem is that HEIC image format that was released together with iOS 11. Though there are various HEIC converting tools, like Joyoshare HEIC Converter, native support from all operating systems is necessary. Anyway, may we enjoy iOS 11 without any troubles. :D