Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion
Options

Preamp dbx w/yamaha mg12xu mixer

Good day! I pray someone can help me figure out how to hook up my pre amp to my yamaha mg12xu mixer? I've gone over my yamaha manual a million times and cannot figure out which mic channel would support my dbx 286s 1/4 inch insert. If anyone is using this kind of a mixer any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,367

If you are using it as an insert effect into your channel, I would recommend getting a Y TRS Cable, send to the Line Input, and Return from the Output and your TRS Connection to your Insert on the Mixer channel, then you can mix in the preamp artifact to your mic channel on the mixer as well as the other signal processing effects

• Options

I have a similar setup. I plug the balanced 1/4-inch line from the 286s directly into the combo-jack input on channel 1 (could be any of the first 4 channels) and push down the 20dB pad button. The 286s comes into the Yamaha as a line-level input.

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,367

@jimpark said:
    I have a similar setup. I plug the balanced 1/4-inch line from the 286s directly into the combo-jack input on channel 1 (could be any of the first 4 channels) and push down the 20dB pad button. The 286s comes into the Yamaha as a line-level input.

Good info! Thanks for sharing.