Home dbx User Forum dbx Installed Products

What is the drive rack PA2 Channel Out Put RMS

Good Day What is the drive rack PA2 Channel Out Put RMS Is It 1.4Vrms Or .775Vrms I Need To Know This To Set The Amp Input Sensitivity Thanks In advance

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,365

This is the only specifications we have available for the PA2

Output (6) Line Outputs
    Output Connectors Male XLR
    Output Type Electronically balanced, RF filtered
    Output Impedance 120 Ω
    Max Output +20dBu

• RamjattanRamjattan Posts: 14
    edited May 2020

ok thanks , do you know if we are getting any new software / firmware / features for the drive rack PA2 this year thanks

No problem! As of now, no new firmware updates are scheduled. There is some updates to the control app for the Android and Mac versions, but those are just general OS compatibility fixes.

edited May 2020

wow its 3 years since the drive rack PA2 has gotten a new firmware update is the drive rack PA2 nearing end of life ?

@Ramjattan said:
    wow its 3 years since the drive rack PA2 has gotten a new firmware update is the drive rack PA2 nearing end of life ?

No it is not near EOL but there are no major operational bugs that would require a firmware update that have been reported.

sorry ,i ment no new speaker or amp tuning

@Ramjattan said:
    sorry ,i ment no new speaker or amp tuning

There is not likely to be any speaker or amp tunings added no. Those would not be included in a firmware update as well. Speaker and Amp Tunings are a little bit convenient, but you do not need speaker tunings to use the PA2. Speaker tunings generally only include the crossover curve for speakers that can be manually added in as little as under a minute in the crossover section. Amp tunings have the limiter information based on the clip rating for that amp.

I always stress to our customers that getting hung up on speaker/amp tunings for general usage of the PA2 is not necessary. Sure they are a little convenient and save you maybe 2-3 minutes of adjustments, but it's honestly not that big of a deal if your speaker/amp models are not listed. Setting up a crossover section and a limiter is not too intrusive a procedure.

If you ever need assistance please contact tech support.

i understand what you are saying ,can you make a recommendation of a rta overlay on the graphic eq on the app side of things so it would be easier to adjust the eq settings thanks

edited May 2020

@Ramjattan said:
    i understand what you are saying ,can you make a recommendation of a rta overlay on the graphic eq on the app side of things so it would be easier to adjust the eq settings thanks

I can suggest that as a feature request absolutely to our product dev, I cannot guarantee implementation however. Just to set the right expectation.

Also just to explain, the RTA and Auto EQ features are tied more into the Parametric EQ on the output side of things as the Graphic EQ itself is on the Input side and is for making general EQ boosts/cuts for the whole mix, for instance, when you want to boost mids across the whole mix before it is distributed at the crossover.

Generally if you want to make adjustments post AutoEQ or with the RTA the output side will have the AutoEQ curve etc.

thanks