Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion

DBX286s SMALLER SIZE OPTION

I have used the DBX 286sx for years on many microphones in radio and it is excellent! In these Covid times, the need has change for me and as for so many who went from the company studio and are now working from home where space is limited. Going forward, I have started to travel with my home studio and the size of the DBX rack unit is a real issue mounted in my 1u travel rack. Today with the huge increase in home Podcast Studios, would it make sense, in addition to the DBX 286s rack unit, to also offer a much SMALLER SIZED DBX 286s OPTION for this newer and emerging big market? Could this be already in the works?

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,360

@OnlineAudio said:
    I have used the DBX 286sx for years on many microphones in radio and it is excellent! In these Covid times, the need has change for me and as for so many who went from the company studio and are now working from home where space is limited. Going forward, I have started to travel with my home studio and the size of the DBX rack unit is a real issue mounted in my 1u travel rack. Today with the huge increase in home Podcast Studios, would it make sense, in addition to the DBX 286s rack unit, to also offer a much SMALLER SIZED DBX 286s OPTION for this newer and emerging big market? Could this be already in the works?

Thanks for the post. As of now, we do not have plans for a smaller form factor preamp similar to the 286s but I will certainly make product dev and marketing aware of this suggestion!