Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion

Very low input meter readings.

Hello everyone. I'm coming up short on a fix for an issue I'm experiencing with my Venu360. While setting my gain structure if I have my Allen & Heath Zed10fx sending a unity 0 db signal to my 360 the input meters are showing a really quiet signal, just shy of -20 db. I have explored every setting on the app as well as through the menu's on the unit, I have read through the manual and I can't find any explanation on how to get the input signal stronger. I'm assuming there is an input sensitivity setting somewhere, I found the section where you can set the clip meter sensitivity but when I make adjustments there it doesn't effect the signal. Its also not the mixer, I have experienced the low input strength using other mixers as well. Any insight to this issue?

Thank you

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,360

@Jaymichael1 said:
    Hello everyone. I'm coming up short on a fix for an issue I'm experiencing with my Venu360. While setting my gain structure if I have my Allen & Heath Zed10fx sending a unity 0 db signal to my 360 the input meters are showing a really quiet signal, just shy of -20 db. I have explored every setting on the app as well as through the menu's on the unit, I have read through the manual and I can't find any explanation on how to get the input signal stronger. I'm assuming there is an input sensitivity setting somewhere, I found the section where you can set the clip meter sensitivity but when I make adjustments there it doesn't effect the signal. Its also not the mixer, I have experienced the low input strength using other mixers as well. Any insight to this issue?

Thank you

You can go into the mixer of the inputs via the app or the front panel and raise the level of the inputs -

• Thank you for the response. So there is nothing to worry about if I run these faders higher than 0db?

• @Jaymichael1 said:
    Thank you for the response. So there is nothing to worry about if I run these faders higher than 0db?

No, you should know what headroom and level your amp/speakers should be able to handle as well. As long as everything is good there, then no problem