Home dbx User Forum dbx Live & Portable Products

Venue 360 Output 3 Weak

Hello All, I have a Venue 360. We have been testing speakers for a show this weekend. We are setup as a stereo bi-amp with a mono sub system 3-way system. Input 1 is Left, Input 2 is Right and Input 3 is mono sub. On the output side 1 - 2 out feed horns L/R, 3 - 4 feed low L/R and 5 feeds the mono sub. We were testing speakers yesterday and today and have discovered that output 4 sounds totally different than output 3. Listening to several different tracks including Flirtin' with Disaster, you can clearly hear that output 3 isn't passing all of the information that output 4 is and that it is much 6db or more weaker. First I thought it was the amp so we pulled out another amp, same problem. We did this with 3 additional amps all the same result. I got pissed and called it a day yesterday.

I headed to the shop this morning and moved the output cable hooked up to output 4 to the amp channel that should be playing output 3. It sounded fantastic. I then move the same cable, know to be good by the test I had just done, to output 3 and it sounds terrible. So we know it is not the amp and it is the output of channel 3 of the Venue 360. Looking at the software all settings are equal between channel 3 and 4 with are the low outs of the bi-amp cabinets. Anything I might have missed? If not I guess that I will have to send it in to be worked. Let me know if you folks think of anything.

Thanks in advance.
Love and Peace from the Great Mid-west.

Bill

Comments

• @Schnake said:
    Hello All, I have a Venue 360. We have been testing speakers for a show this weekend. We are setup as a stereo bi-amp with a mono sub system 3-way system. Input 1 is Left, Input 2 is Right and Input 3 is mono sub. On the output side 1 - 2 out feed horns L/R, 3 - 4 feed low L/R and 5 feeds the mono sub. We were testing speakers yesterday and today and have discovered that output 4 sounds totally different than output 3. Listening to several different tracks including Flirtin' with Disaster, you can clearly hear that output 3 isn't passing all of the information that output 4 is and that it is much 6db or more weaker. First I thought it was the amp so we pulled out another amp, same problem. We did this with 3 additional amps all the same result. I got pissed and called it a day yesterday.

I headed to the shop this morning and moved the output cable hooked up to output 4 to the amp channel that should be playing output 3. It sounded fantastic. I then move the same cable, know to be good by the test I had just done, to output 3 and it sounds terrible. So we know it is not the amp and it is the output of channel 3 of the Venue 360. Looking at the software all settings are equal between channel 3 and 4 with are the low outs of the bi-amp cabinets. Anything I might have missed? If not I guess that I will have to send it in to be worked. Let me know if you folks think of anything.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

check your output clip levels under the Utility menu and make sure they are the same. Also depends on your crossover setup for output 3 as well, are you running it 1X1? Maybe you have a frequency cut off

• Thanks for the response. I had 3 shows this weekend so I managed to check and make sure that the input on Channel 1 & 2 show the same from the mixer and they do. I then followed the signal chain through the 360 verifying that the outputs including the clip levels and they are the same. I am going to do a Venue 360 initialization today or tomorrow and see if that will fix the problem. I can redo the patch that I use fairly easily plus I have it all written down. Sometimes computers, and this is just another computer, get confused and need to be reset. I will let you know what I find out in the next couple of days.

Thanks.

Bill

• SchnakeSchnake Posts: 3

I did a factory reset on the Venue 360 yesterday and rebuilt my patch. I still have the same problem with output 3 being thin and not producing, by at least -6 dbu, sound output. I am at a loss for a fix short of sending the unit back to dbx for repair. Again, I am using a stereo bi-amp 2-way with a mono sub. It is output 3 that is low. I have checked the Utility to make sure the inputs and outputs are at the same db amount +12 db on the outputs.

Thanks.

Bill

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,365

@Schnake said:
    I did a factory reset on the Venue 360 yesterday and rebuilt my patch. I still have the same problem with output 3 being thin and not producing, by at least -6 dbu, sound output. I am at a loss for a fix short of sending the unit back to dbx for repair. Again, I am using a stereo bi-amp 2-way with a mono sub. It is output 3 that is low. I have checked the Utility to make sure the inputs and outputs are at the same db amount +12 db on the outputs.

Thanks.

Bill

You'll likely need to contact tech support for a Service RA yeah.