Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion

Venu 360 Working Okay, Let me Pay You to Help me on Zoom for Fine Tuning

Hello,

I have a really simple system running but could use some help making sure I have all the basics configured correctly.

Happy to pay a consulting fee $50 for 30 mins and I think we'll be done. I can send you a zoom link, all gear sounds great and working fine now, just want to ask some questions and get a fuller understanding. Please only respond if you know the system better than I do. 2 channel stereo, nothing complex.

Signal Chain:
Mac Studio > FocusRite Scarlett > Driverack

Left Channel Subs 80hz down
Right Channel Subs 80hz down
Left Channel Mains 80hz up
Right Channel Mains 80hz up

Questions that I need help with:

1: have I set gains correctly
2: tried the wizard but that dumped all my previous settings so I started over
3: ran the auto eq and it sounds pretty good, but it didn't run the entire system at once it ran each channel indpendently, does it know which are the lows and highs, it looks it tried to boost the lows on the mains to find the line which isn't what I want, I don't want 80hz down on mains anyway.
4: I remember somewhere seeing that venu 360 did phase and time alignment, did this happen somewhere and I didn't realize, just want to make sure I'm getting all I can out of it.

Thanks all,

Bryan

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,366

@HaydenLake1994 said:
    Hello,

I have a really simple system running but could use some help making sure I have all the basics configured correctly.

Happy to pay a consulting fee $50 for 30 mins and I think we'll be done. I can send you a zoom link, all gear sounds great and working fine now, just want to ask some questions and get a fuller understanding. Please only respond if you know the system better than I do. 2 channel stereo, nothing complex.

Signal Chain:
    Mac Studio > FocusRite Scarlett > Driverack

Left Channel Subs 80hz down
    Right Channel Subs 80hz down
    Left Channel Mains 80hz up
    Right Channel Mains 80hz up

Questions that I need help with:

1: have I set gains correctly
    2: tried the wizard but that dumped all my previous settings so I started over
    3: ran the auto eq and it sounds pretty good, but it didn't run the entire system at once it ran each channel indpendently, does it know which are the lows and highs, it looks it tried to boost the lows on the mains to find the line which isn't what I want, I don't want 80hz down on mains anyway.
    4: I remember somewhere seeing that venu 360 did phase and time alignment, did this happen somewhere and I didn't realize, just want to make sure I'm getting all I can out of it.

Thanks all,

Bryan

Our tech support contact is below, and is free of charge. (Hours Monday thru Friday 8:00am thru 6:00pm Central Daylight Time) We do not do Zoom meetings, but we do have remote desktop capability if you are using the Venu360 Control App

What I would do and what would work easiest for you -

Hit recall, select factory preset Number 3, Stereo 2 Way Mains with Mono Subs. This will set your input/output stage fine, your mixer would go into the Analog 1/2 for L/R and then your mains will go out Outputs 1/2 for Left and right, and Outputs 3/4 for your subwoofers.

You can then hit Wizard and scroll down to Run Auto EQ Only this will allow you to run the Auto EQ module for your 2X4 crossover setup.

As far as delay/alignment, you can go to the delay section and turn the delays on per output and adjust the alignment by seconds, meters, or footage.

If you still need help, contact tech support.