Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion
Options

I’m a new member trying to hookup my dbx DAV-600G route selector to a (2016)Pioneer A/V receiver,

I have the users guide for both devices but I’m not clear how to connect the route selector to the receiver, a SC-LX701. I have several analog devices that need the program route selector that my modern receiver wasn’t designed to interface with. I have RCA jacks for a phono input only and nothing for a cassette deck, (tape loop) VCR’s, Laser Disc player etc. Connecting the analog gear to the route selector seems easy enough but getting the output signal from the dbx to the receiver’s input is where I’m confused. It’s been a longtime since I’ve been able to have my older system gear out of retirement. As I’m almost retired myself, I thought it might be nice to refurbish and restore my toys to the new digital world we’re forced to live in and reconnect with all my cassettes, vinyl LP’s, LD’s while still enjoying 4K Dolby Atmos movies, BD with HDR. MUSIC has become a big deal for me and I miss the sweet analog sound I have collected over the decades, so it’s time to revive this passion without settling for less than.....
An analog guy in a digital world. I am in need of help, so many thanks in advance !

Answers

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,366

@Gasman28 said:
    I have the users guide for both devices but I’m not clear how to connect the route selector to the receiver, a SC-LX701. I have several analog devices that need the program route selector that my modern receiver wasn’t designed to interface with. I have RCA jacks for a phono input only and nothing for a cassette deck, (tape loop) VCR’s, Laser Disc player etc. Connecting the analog gear to the route selector seems easy enough but getting the output signal from the dbx to the receiver’s input is where I’m confused. It’s been a longtime since I’ve been able to have my older system gear out of retirement. As I’m almost retired myself, I thought it might be nice to refurbish and restore my toys to the new digital world we’re forced to live in and reconnect with all my cassettes, vinyl LP’s, LD’s while still enjoying 4K Dolby Atmos movies, BD with HDR. MUSIC has become a big deal for me and I miss the sweet analog sound I have collected over the decades, so it’s time to revive this passion without settling for less than.....
    An analog guy in a digital world. I am in need of help, so many thanks in advance !

These old dbx HiFi and Home Audio equipment have very limited support scope for us here, they go back to pre Harman acquisition of dbx and we never were concerned with the support for these units as we only wanted the dbx Pro Audio equipment - inasmuch we don't even have these old units lying around so we are at the mercy of old school manuals for the units. I was able to find a manual for this unit, download it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ESeYrYmBe9-EI5RxbxZGzxkVBIwIr_gH/view?usp=sharing

Also check out other HiFi Audio Forums on the web