Home DigiTech General Discussion

Digitech management - why dropped the ball on the best multi-FX products?

Digitech management seems to have been transformed in recent years, with respect to multi-effects units, to one that “grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory”. Digitech had designed and sold the best multi-FX pedal - the masterpiece RP1000 - and inexplicably discontinued the entire product and aborted it, with nary a thought it seems to capitalizing on the genius of the design of the unit by upgrading it and keeping that pride & profit product line. The discontinued RP1000 still today is in a class by itself with its ingenious design, including its amp loop and pedalboard loop “integrated switching” capabilities.

How could a company and its management drop the ball so badly by dropping such a design coup like the RP1000 integrated effects switching system and discontinue it with no modernizing upgrade or replacement, and abandon leadership in the multi-FX field to its competitors? It boggles the mind.

Anyone in Digitech’s current management care, or dare, to answer this question?

Phillip (a proud owner of the Digitech RP1000)

Comments

• I have used an RP500 and RP1000 myself, they are great units. Currently we have the more compact RP360/XP units which are great for fly rigs and on the go. We have no specific new products ready to announce but we have definitely gotten a lot of feedback from customers who enjoy our old MultiFX and Modeler units. I will make sure your feedback gets to the appropriate internal departments. Thanks for your feedback!

• I like my rp1000 but seem to be missing midi for seem less changes on the fly. I mean it’s less tap dancing then having real pedals for sure

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 610

@mozartthe2nd said:
    I like my rp1000 but seem to be missing midi for seem less changes on the fly. I mean it’s less tap dancing then having real pedals for sure

The GSP1101 had a Midi Connection, basically the rack version of the RP1000. We've definitely let our product dev people know that Midi integration would be awesome.

• @HARMAN_EElde said:
    I have used an RP500 and RP1000 myself, they are great units. Currently we have the more compact RP360/XP units which are great for fly rigs and on the go. We have no specific new products ready to announce but we have definitely gotten a lot of feedback from customers who enjoy our old MultiFX and Modeler units. I will make sure your feedback gets to the appropriate internal departments. Thanks for your feedback!

Thank you for forwarding my feedback to the appropriate internal departments. Please remind them to re-examine closely the uniqueness of the " integrated switching system" connections of the RP1000 for both amp and separate pedalboard. These features brilliantly integrate one's pedalboard into the multi-FX signal flow: a competitive feature missing in most, if not all, multi-FX units.

Best,
    Phillip, Tampa Bay USA

@PhillipLesPaul said:
    @HARMAN_EElde said:
    I have used an RP500 and RP1000 myself, they are great units. Currently we have the more compact RP360/XP units which are great for fly rigs and on the go. We have no specific new products ready to announce but we have definitely gotten a lot of feedback from customers who enjoy our old MultiFX and Modeler units. I will make sure your feedback gets to the appropriate internal departments. Thanks for your feedback!

Thank you for forwarding my feedback to the appropriate internal departments. Please remind them to re-examine closely the uniqueness of the " integrated switching system" connections of the RP1000 for both amp and separate pedalboard. These features brilliantly integrate one's pedalboard into the multi-FX signal flow: a competitive feature missing in most, if not all, multi-FX units.

Best,
    Phillip, Tampa Bay USA

Absolutely will do Phillip. The Stomp Loop is awesome indeed.

• robcarionrobcarion Posts: 1
    edited July 29

a

Rob what happened?