Home DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX4 FAQs GNX4 Sound Community Archive

Looking for anything of U2 for my GNX4

Hey,

i´m a great fan of U2 (perhaps somebody knows me, i´ve played with them in munich 2005 :? ) and now i´m looking for stuff of U2 for my GNX4. I´m looking for presets (i know those of the community) and loops.

Perhaps we could share presets?

It would be nice if somebody have some sounds for me! :D

Thanks,
Juergen

Comments

• guitar3456guitar3456 Posts: 3,494
    It's harder to pull off really defining EDGE sounds since he uses multiple amps and delays of different time settings simultaneously. You can get close enough for the most part.

Most are just a AC-30 sound with avg's of 410-425 msec delays. Some prefer the ping pong delay as their delay type to get the dual amp sound vibe.
  • shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    I have several U2 presets that I've twiddled from ones I d/l'd at the site. Since you're so familiar with their sound, that'd be your best bet - d/l the ones posted, then tweak them for the exact sound you want. I had to do very little to the ones I got...
  • gitarrerogitarrero Posts: 30
    hey guitar3456 and shredd!

thank you for your answers! did i understand it right, that those in the community are the best ones? (sorry for my english ;-) )

i´ve got the ones of the community, like \"the edge\", \"theedge87\" or \"380dly\". Those were really good! i´ve thought to ask here, because someone could some other sounds with overdrive or destortion, chorus... .

guitar3456, you´re right, it´s hard to geht THE definatly the edge sound. :D but it´s ok to get nearly by the sound. you won´t to be a realy good technican with his sounds. the effects do it´s best! :D
    (hope you understand what i mean)

i´ve seen his board on stage as i stand beside of it. really amazing.

now, i´ll try the delays with 410-425msec´s! thank you for this tip!!

bye!
  • shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    Definitely experiment. It's the way to tweak in the sound you really want, and since you're so familiar with his sound, you could nail it. The GNX is totally tweak-able. Using the sound community's d/l's for starting points will probably help. Have fun!
  • Bull_FrogBull_Frog Posts: 8
    Im with you...i am a big fan of U2, and enjoy playing their music (at least TRY to play their music heh). Trying to figure out how the edge gets his sound(s) can be tedious, but thats half the fun. I have found a few sites that have helped me. Try these:

http://www.amnesta.net/edge_delay/

http://www.edgewannabe.net/recarchive/main_bpm.html

I use these sites to get the BPM and Delay Times for particular songs. There arent any GNX4 patches.

I use the GNX4 as a drum machine only and use my effects pedals and amp to get the rest.

I hope this helps
  • Bull_FrogBull_Frog Posts: 8
    I'm working on a \"mysterious ways\" patch. Right now its rough, but ill upload it when its done. I use the \"auto ya\". Cool sound, but im still trying to tame it. Im not real savvy with the GNX4, maybe some of the more experienced users could tweek it better, but im gonna try =) I dont have a Korg A3 (Funk Wah preset) that edge used, but the \"auto ya\" comes kinda close. I'll keep you posted.
  • Hey,
    sorry for my late answere, but i´ve not the right settings in my profile.

yes!! it would be great, if you could give me your MW settings! i´ve bought a korg a3, too. i´m in trying, yet. it sounds good, too.

bye
    juergen
    I'm working on a \"mysterious ways\" patch. Right now its rough, but ill upload it when its done. I use the \"auto ya\". Cool sound, but im still trying to tame it. Im not real savvy with the GNX4, maybe some of the more experienced users could tweek it better, but im gonna try =) I dont have a Korg A3 (Funk Wah preset) that edge used, but the \"auto ya\" comes kinda close. I'll keep you posted.
  • So, the texts are here in Sound Community Archive, but the presets and patches that were in Sound Community at the old Digitech site are now gone? Unavailable? Not archived anywhere?
    Say it isn't so... and if you know where they are hidden, please share a full link.
    Thanks.