Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX4 FAQs GNX4 Sound Community Archive

MP3 Will Not Play

<div style="displaynone">fiogf49gjkf0d</div>I learn material by listening through my flash card using mp3's. Lately I have been having problems with the mp3's playing. They will play using my mp3 player and also the computer. They will not play at all when I down load them to the flash card. I tried using my mp3 player by plugging into the inputs (both for stereo) but it does not sound as good as on the flash card. Is there any answers as to why I am having this problem?

mud-duck

Comments

• shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    Don't have an answer for ya, but some suggestions:
    Look in the manual about file and folder conventions, and be sure you're doing things the way your GNX wants. Or it won't do anything the way you want.
    You might wanna check your encoding; just having a *.mp3 extension doesn't mean the file is playable.
    Make sure your flash card hasn't gone bad; reformat it if necessary - IN THE GNX, not your computer - and maybe try another flash card, to eliminate the possibility that you have a bad one.
    Consider the possibility that you're suffering from instant karma for not setting me up with your wife's hott single friend. :?

Or wait for the actual smart guys around here to pipe in...
  • <div style="displaynone">fiogf49gjkf0d</div>It is not the flash card. It still works and some mp3's will still play. I am at odds to this problem. Maybe the quality of the mp3 may have something to do with this but I am not doing anything different than I have before. I have many flash cards and I don't have a problem with any. Like I said, the mp3's will play on my mp3 player and my computer, for some reason they will not play on the flash card. I hit play and for a moment you can see Drum On flashes back to the mp3 name but will not play. I roll to the next song and it plays.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

mud-duck
  • shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    \mud-duck\ wrote:
    I hit play and for a moment you can see Drum On flashes back to the mp3 name but will not play. I roll to the next song and it plays.
    The problem is THAT mp3. duh. :roll:
  • guitar3456guitar3456 Posts: 3,494
    How many MP3's are on your CF card?

GNX4 limits are 99 songs for Midi, Mp3 and Recordings.

Your card could have reached maximum storage, so check that. With a 2GB card, if you still have recorded material and wav's along with Song MP3's, it can possibly be at its limit.

One other thing to check are the encoded bit rates your mp3's are at. Some players when mixed down from higher bit rates may not be accessible. Check that the mp3's you have are encoded at usable bit rates.

If you have 1 or 2 MP3's that won't play, try restoring the MP3's. If one or two out the many you have on the card are not playable, it could be something on the medium ( cf card), the recorded material, or possibly dust or debris hanging around the terminals of the cf card reader on the gnx4.