Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX Archive GENERAL Member Pictures and Videos

The Woohabs

8) Got a gig Sept. 10th at a really cool club here in town.
Myself on acoustic and a an ES 137 for some of the originals and blues stuff and Greg on Bass or acoustic guitars. I was told to put together \"conversation music\" Whatever that means there a Jazz bar but want some bluesy pop stuff too ...real low key but tastful with no live drums just a Duo a small footprint ...I'm kinda nevouse about it as I was always the singer and with a duo playing the guitars most of the time its alot more ground to cover without sucking :oops: so check out my \"live at practise last week\" promo I spliced together and let me know if it reeks...Its a cigar bar so it pretty mellow atmosphere. http://www.imbibenobhill.com/photogallery/opening2.html myself and Greg are in one of the pics. ( pic page2 row2 pic2)
The woman in the pic is his wife. :wink:
our promos on www.myspace.com/0dannyboy

Comments

• RawbRawb Posts: 1,459
    8) Myself on acoustic and a an ES 137 for some of the originals and blues stuff and Greg on Bass or acoustic guitars. so check out my \"live at practise last week\" promo I spliced together and let me know if it reeks...

I don't smell anything! Thought it sounded very nice! Should be just the ticket for what you described. Hope you guys have a good time.... Don't be to nervous... after all this why you got that new Martin 8)
  • shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    I can't believe I'm up at 4AM. AGAIN. The alarm system has a malfunction and goes off at 3AM several times a week, and tonight it's going off over and over and over and over and over... :evil: :evil: :evil:
    ANNNNyway...Congrats ODB. You'll be great. You just gotta get over that \"sing n play simultaneously\" thing, which I suck at, but that's why YOU got the gig. 8)
    FWIW, \"conversation music\" means they want you to provide \"ambience\", \"atmosphere\", without being the focus of the room. They want people to hear the music, even listen to it, and still be able to have normal conversation.
    Good luck!!!

PS That place was teeming with uber-hotties. Can I be your roadie??? :twisted:
  • partchpartch Posts: 1,764
    That's cool Danny! Tell Greg I said Hi :D You guys will do great!!
  • 0Dannyboy0Dannyboy Posts: 1,083
    \shredd\ wrote:
    That place was teeming with uber-hotties. Can I be your roadie??? :twisted:

:twisted: Anytime shredd just come on down to Albuquerque NM. 8)

Ive done alot of shows \"back in the day\" but its been awhile...thanks for the well wishes! :wink:
  • Odannyboy, first time I've had the previlage of seeing your sight. Great stuff, I love it. I think you'll do great.

I'm sure you can hook Shredd up with one those babes(preferably not hitched in some way, I'm sure)that are in the pics. Shredd, aren't ya closer to NM now.

Anyway, have a great show danny. By the way, is that your studio behind you in Myspace.? WOW.
    Odannyboy, first time I've had the previlage of seeing your sight. Great stuff, I love it. I think you'll do great.

I'm sure you can hook Shredd up with one those babes(preferably not hitched in some way, I'm sure)that are in the pics. Shredd, aren't ya closer to NM now.

Anyway, have a great show danny. By the way, is that your studio behind you in Myspace.? WOW.

Hey thanks for checkin out our tunes. If I had shredd or Bababoey or Insideout , Tal, etc backin me up with some lead work I wouldnt be as jittery about the gig...thanks for the well wishes.
    P.s. Thats my garage studio in the pic its changed up a bit now but generally the same cheap wonderful mess I get lost in whever I can. ;)
    I had forgot how much fun (and work) it was to gig! We had a blast with our friends.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/0dannyboy/?action=view&current=27bdd78d.pbw
  • Looks like you had a great time!
    See you did not need me to play for you guys. I am sure you did well.

I played on stage for the first time in over 20 years a few weeks ago. I guy from work was playing a gig, and he invited me up to play. Man it was great to play again. I also started jamming with this guy from work. He is an amazing blues guitarist and we have been tearing it up.
    It sure feel good to play again!

Looking forward to hearing more of your stuff

-Bababoey
  • RawbRawb Posts: 1,459
    Looks like it was/is a pretty cool place to gig. 8) you all had a blast ... That's what it all about! Ain't it? :)
  • partchpartch Posts: 1,764
    Looks cool Danny! Bet you guys had a great time. 8) Sure looked like fun :D
  • ednrgednrg Posts: 971
    Looks like a great time. I like the \"Ken Burns effect\" on the slideshow.
    Hey Thanks guys it was fun :!:
    8) The club owners loved us and we get more gigs. :shock: KEWL!
    :D now I can make a few bucks to get that new delay looper digitech has.
  • shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    :D now I can make a few bucks to get that new delay looper digitech has.
    Yuh-huh. If Mrs. ODB has anything to say about it, you'll probably be tiling the bathroom. :P
    th_IMG_1460.jpg
    click the pic

Hey guys been busy giging these day ...who wouldve thought we'd get hired back after the first one LOL!
  • Tal RulesTal Rules Posts: 1,215
    0DB alive and well....
    Good hearing from ya, dude...
    Stay in touch!!!!
  • tucopeattucopeat Posts: 139
    You sell yourself way too short ODB, you rock man! Everytime I listen to your stuff I am more impressed than the time before. You are a VERY talented musician and don't let anyone tell you different. Any club in NM would be lucky to have you perform. Sorry if I sound like a groupie, but I think your tunes are the benchmark here at the forum , to which the rest of us aspire to. Keep it up, you are the man!
    edited November 2009
    Hey picked up some new dates. Doing a 5-9 happy hr once a month at a local bar thru Dec.
    Thats about 4 hrs worth of music. I figure 3 45 min sets with 15 min breaks and 1 hr set to finish up. our last show was only 3 hrs...gonna have to pick up some new tunes or start breakin out \"jimmy Crack Corn and Spongebobs C.A.M.P.F.I.R.E. song\" to fill in the time. :lol: We do alot of STP, Nirvanna, matchbox 20,Dave mathews, petty, ...with a Mtv unplugged kinda sound.
    heres the rig I am takin out for these shows.

IMG_1628.jpg[
    A work in progress.

www.woohabs.com

8) Still working out a bunch of content may be askin some of youguys who played LD on the demos for a few words and a pic if you dont mind. :wink:
    I listen back to some of this stuff and I really dig all the diffrent styles of the guest guitarsist ... you all just KICK @$$ in your prefomances.
    wish I had you to set in during our recent downtown street party ....they blocked off downtown and it was like night of the living dead! everyone walking down the streets stumbling no cars anywhere LOL!
    Peaceout.

http://pics.livejournal.com/voiceofutah/pic/00077tph