Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX Archive GENERAL Member Pictures and Videos

Your #1 Guitar

Which is your #1 Guitar ? All musicians have had them, that favorite guitar.
Mine is an MJ Guitar Engineering Roadster Custom.
I'm really looking at a Jarrett Forza, we'll see,

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/starmaker5/Madside/newad.jpg

Anyway, whats your favorite guitar to run through your DigiTechs ?

Comments

• shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    My #1 favorite is a git'r I don't have anymore, having sold it when I was young and foolish 'cuz - GASP - I needed the money. :roll: It was a '68 Gibby ES-355ESTD in mint shape. I still wake up at night in a cold sweat thinking about it. :cry:
    ES355.jpg

So nowadays, it's my '79 Ibanez MC200 Musician:
    100_1698.jpg
    100_1701.jpg
  • Through the GNX4, my favorite is the Ibanez RG5EX1, from clean/acoustic to heavy distortion and everything in between!

The Guardian of the Axe, protecting my Ibanez in it's Coffin Case, last Halloween:
    IMG_1166.jpg?t=1268778167

Other favorite Heavy Metal guitar, ESP George Lynch Baritone:
    ESPFlames.jpg?t=1268778711
  • GNX JammerGNX Jammer Posts: 288
    Currently I'm playing my Epi LP Custom (EMG 81/85, Gibson TP-6 tail piece, TonePro Tune-o-Matic w/Graphtec saddles) and my white Schecter C1FR Hellraiser sixxer, both tuned to DropC.

When needing standard tuning with some additional kick in the low end I pick up one of my Schecter C7FR Hellraisers (7 stringers). I have one in white as well as black to represent the duality of my musical personalities. =)

Then there's always my USA made '96 50th Anniversary Fender Strat Plus Deluxe w/Lace Sensors & roller nut, but that's more of a keep sake that I intend on passing down to my niece when she gets old enough to appreciate it. It stays in its case most of the time these days.

My older Jackson DR7T 7 stringer collects dust, but is there as a backup in case something happened to either of my C7FR's.

I suppose if I had to pick my \"one favorite\" it would have to be either of my C7FR's. Both are well made guitars with excellent tone and playability.
  • ManitouManitou Posts: 1,387
    DSCF1886.jpgwub.gif

2004 Ibanez Joe Satriani Signature JS1000 Black Pearl.
    (doesn't show fingerprints and kiss marks like other black guitars)
    DiMarzio Fred bridge pickup that gives those Satch-style harmonics and overtones.
    DiMarzio PAF-PRO neck pickup.
    Hi-pass filter push/pull switch in volume control.
    Coil tap push/pull switch in tone control.
    Multi-radius JS Prestige neck and Low-Pro Floyd Rose Tremolo.
    Basswood body (very light, but still great sustain)
  • partchpartch Posts: 1,764
    \Manitou\ wrote:
    wub.gif

2004 Ibanez Joe Satriani Signature JS1000 Black Pearl.
    (doesn't show fingerprints and kiss marks like other black guitars)
    DiMarzio Fred bridge pickup that gives those Satch-style harmonics and overtones.
    DiMarzio PAF-PRO neck pickup.
    Hi-pass filter push/pull switch in volume control.
    Coil tap push/pull switch in tone control.
    Multi-radius JS Prestige neck and Low-Pro Floyd Rose Tremolo.
    Basswood body (very light, but still great sustain)

I Love mine as well Manitou! These days I would Say the Fender AM Deluxe FMT Strat is the number 1. I do still play the JS prety much every week 8) I love that thing So comfortable effortlessly to play. Actually both these guitars are so close to each other. Just different Tones. Although when I coil tap the Js it gives pretty decent single coil tones! Fairly noisy when not playing BUT I have a Humdebugger pedal that quites all hum 8)
  • judaskissjudaskiss Posts: 217
    My favorite is definitely my Epi LP. It has that bold sound I like from solid body guitars.

I do have a ESP M102 that I have been wanting to put EMG pickups in. also wanted to put locking machine heads on it. My question on that is, I already have Floyd Rose locking trmelo--wondering if locking machine heads is overkill? What does everybody else think?
  • index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=365913132&albumID=798940&imageID=10063949

1980 les paul standard
  • shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=365913132&albumID=798940&imageID=10063949

1980 les paul standard
    Dead link - even cutting and pasting doesn't show pic :(
  • Tal RulesTal Rules Posts: 1,215
    My Triggs San Salvodor..

Here's a pic of me showing it off...

My L5 is getting a lot of case time after I bought this

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff301/rolland24_photos/Picture5.jpg?t=1259264391
  • My first guitar was The Gibson SG and i got it as a gift from my father. My father is also a guitarist and he used to use this guitar.
  • I would have to say my Schecter Damien FR 6-string is my favorite, it was cheap, plays well, dont weigh alot and the finish is satin black with black hardware, it looks really evil :twisted: that and my Jackson is a cheap model and my Peavey Tracer is 18 years old, i'm goin with my Schecter.
  • sdjjadksdjjadk Posts: 10
    I know this thread is 4 years old but I thought I'd resurrect it as it looks like it is / was a cool thread.

I own both Gibson and Epihone guitars and my Epi. Ace is my favorite guitar and even more so since I upgraded to a 50's style wiring kit from Jonsey Blues with Vintage Braided wires, Switchcraft switch and jack, CTS 550k pots, with a push pull bridge tone pot to turn the middle pup on and off and PIO .022 caps. to complete the upgrade. The tones I get from it now are shweeett!!

Shawn

GF1.jpg