Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX Archive GENERAL Member Pictures and Videos

My first gig in years!!

I recently started a band after all these years.

Played our first gig at a friends party.
It was so hot and humid that day, I was sticking to the guitar.

Here is a video of just me playing.
Excuse the ugly faces.

Comments

• shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    Hey 'boey - good to see ya 'round.

Nice playing too...and those faces are nothin' compared to the faces I'd be making trying to play a piece like that. :oops: . Good stuff.

PS the really funny part was listening to the bystanders gab... :lol:
  • iliaceiliace Posts: 5,567
    Pretty cool! I love that style of guitar - it's something I never took the time to develop, but have always wanted to.

You plan to play out more extensively? Let me know if that's the case, I'm from Rockville myself, so if it's somewhere around here (DC/Baltimore/NoVa area) I'll try to make it out.
  • bababoeybababoey Posts: 199
    Hey Shredd!
    PS the really funny part was listening to the bystanders gab...

lol. You hear mostly my 13 year old daughter and my wife. The were making fun that all the men seemed to know the song, and none of the women knew it!! Besides, my family is sick of hearing me play!! lol

Thanks for the kind words! 8)

Iliace
    You plan to play out more extensively? Let me know if that's the case, I'm from Rockville myself, so if it's somewhere around here (DC/Baltimore/NoVa area) I'll try to make it out.

I am north of Baltimore in the Bel Air area. I work near BWI airport. I will let you know when we play out. It would be nice to finally meet you. Let me know when you guys are playing near the Baltimore area and I will see if I can make it as well!!

Thanks gents for the post. I am glad to see there are some people posting on here. It seems like it has died down tremendously. I always liked the people I have met on this site. It has helped me get back into playing after quitting for 20 years. Seems like a lot of the old crew is no longer posting here and have moved on elsewhere. Sad...... I hope we can keep this site alive :D

-Joe
    aka Bababoey
    :mrgreen:
  • iliaceiliace Posts: 5,567
    Dude... Monday night (6/28 ), at the Quarter on Bourbon St, we're having our CD release party hosted by 98 Rock (Noise in the Basement). Group is called Make Love & War (http://www.reverbnation.com/makeloveandwar), and show starts around 9. $0.98 drink specials starting at 8. If you can make it, that would be awesome. It's $4.98 to get in.
  • Mike BMike B Posts: 487
    As always, Sir baba, your playing is most excellent. Thanks for the video, and good luck with the new band.

peace
  • bababoeybababoey Posts: 199
    Thank you Mike

You are too kind. :oops:

Keep up the playing!

-Joe
  • Tal RulesTal Rules Posts: 1,215
    Good to see ya back Baba.
    Great playing. Glad to see youre having fun.