Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX4 FAQs GNX4 Recording

GNX4 using footswitch with Sonar X2

I still use my GNX4 all the time. But I'm trying to get the external footswitch to start/stop recording in Sonar X2. Can't seem to figure it out.

Has anyone else done anything like this?

Jeff

Comments

• ejbrookejbrook Posts: 13
    I have the same setup and it is possible to make it work. In general the GNX4 1.3 version firmware is not compatible with windows vista or above. It is designed for windows xp. In order to make it work you have to upgrade the firmware from GNX4 version 1.3 to version 1.4. Version 1.4 is an unsupported version and can be found here:

http://www.mustbebeta.com/gnx/gnx4/Gnx4.html

I've been running it for a year and a half and have used it with my sonar X1 and X2 products; however I am thinking of switching back. I want to see if the 1.3 version of the firmware is more stable. No big problems have ever been noted, just some minor issues that rebooting fixes once in a while. However I see that there is now a version 1.41. I guess I will try it first before rolling back! :)

In general I find myself mainly using the footswitch on the built in recorder rather than the computer. It works every time and there is no setup. I believe it is better to use the pedal to instantly record ideas on the recording unit. For computer recording you can use features like \"counting in\" to prepare for recording.

I hope this helps. ED