Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX Archive GENERAL Member Music Review

HA!! First post of 2015?

Where did every one go? Doesn't anyone post anymore? I wrote a song yesterday. (Bully bully for me) My octave box and phaser had a fight during the recording so that is a bunch of distortion here and there. Actually it shows up mostly on the sub low notes. It's my guitar puking. It isn't even a finger picking song for a change. I'm only posting it here because I don't want anyone to know about it. :)

\"She Talks in Her Sleep\" / \"Incubus\"

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13044487

Comments

• shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    Hey Slacker...shredd here...still lurking. And of course waiting for Shania to get back to me. :P

Even with your guitar puking, I dug both the sound and the riffs. Good stuff.
  • Ah yes,

Forever lurking. :) It is good to hear from you. I hate seeing some of these forums so dead these days. A lot of us sure did have a good time during the way back. Actually every forum I go to is dead dead dead! Sometimes thread entries are months or even year or so apart.

It is nice to know you are still on duty. I'm still hoping that Shania will contact you. Perhaps even through this forum!

This song was fun to play. Funny how it morphed from a woman talking in her sleep into her being tempted by a mythical spirit being and being eager to meet him every night.

It must have been something I inhaled. :)
  • shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    Forever lurking. :) It is good to hear from you. I hate seeing some of these forums so dead these days. A lot of us sure did have a good time during the way back. Actually every forum I go to is dead dead dead! Sometimes thread entries are months or even year or so apart.
    Yeah...besides that fact that the GNX has passed from industry standard to enthusiasts' relic...it seems that the 'evolution' of social media has made forums and chat boards obsolete...why sign on to a forum and read threads when you can get a twitter or a fbook notification instantly?
    Pretty soon your smart phone will have a wireless feed that plugs directly into the pleasure center of your brain and feeds stimuli on a streaming basis that will turn you into a little mechanical monkey banging on a drum to get another jolt from your twitter account. :roll:

Speaking for myself, I miss the fun, the banter, the interaction of all the members. I loved hearing other peoples' music, and of course the potential for Shania to invite me over for bagels, PBR's, and a hot tub session is very enticing.... :lol:
  • \" Pretty soon your smart phone will have a wireless feed that plugs directly into the pleasure center of your brain and feeds stimuli on a streaming basis that will turn you into a little mechanical monkey banging on a drum to get another jolt from your twitter account. Rolling Eyes\"

So funny, so true. :) Even the moderators never show their faces here anymore.

The GNX foreum was one of the most fun. I heard from Cos and Norty a few times but everyone just went their own way more or less. I think the GNX forum is still up.
  • iliaceiliace Posts: 5,567

Not true! I still lurk 8)
  • Slacker GSlacker G Posts: 124
    Cool.

It's almost like having your own web site for free these days isn't it? :)
  • rawfishrawfish Posts: 439
    \iliace\ wrote:

Not true! I still lurk 8)

Make that \"Still I Lurk\" and you've got a song title...

Electronic cobwebs
    shroud the once crowded chambers.
    Obscurity advances as the echo of last words retreats
    Still I lurk.

-Rf
  • Slacker GSlacker G Posts: 124
    RF too?

There are 3 that check in occasionally? Oh OH. Pretty soon they will have to add another server. :)

I check in but most of the time just to see if anyone had anything to say.
  • rawfishrawfish Posts: 439
    RF too?

There are 3 that check in occasionally? Oh OH. Pretty soon they will have to add another server. :)

I check in but most of the time just to see if anyone had anything to say.

I just don't wanna miss anything important. That and I've never figured out how to remove the new article search from my \"morning surf\" bookmarks...