Home DigiTech Software

Installing X-Edit Intel v2.7 for Digitech BP355

I want to install X-Edit to create custom presets on my RP355.

System compatibility is not an issue as I am fluent with virtual machines and can get old software running, though i tried first to install on windows 10. The issue is, as soon as I try to install, I get a window pop up that says: 'Downloading of installation data form the web has failed. Please make sure you are connected to the internet.

Is there an egregious compatibility issue with windows 10 network drivers that is causing the X-edit installer to be unable to connect to the internet? Or is installing X-Edit 2.7 completely impossible now, as installation files formerly hosted online have been taken down? If so, why is it available for download in the first place?

https://www.digitech.com/discontinued-products/BP355-.html?dwvar_BP355-_color=Black-GLOBAL-Current&cgid=discontinued-products#start=1

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 610
    edited May 18

No, it's not impossible. This is an issue with an old version of .net Microsoft Framework that gets overwritten in Windows 10 and the download link built into the installer references a Microsoft server resource that is no longer available.

Fix - Click on start in Windows 10, type in "Turn "Windows Features On or Off..." and click on result. A box will pop up, make sure there is a check in ".Net Framework 3.5 (Includes .net 2.0 and 3.0), click OK, follow all prompts.

Once this is done, re-run the X-Edit 2.7 installer and it should complete.