Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech Software

Firmware update error

Hi, I've just bought DigiTech rp360, downloaded Nexus from this page https://www.digitech.com/discontinued-products/RP360.html and connected with my laptop.

Nexus asked to update the firmware of the DigiTech rp360 and I did it. But the process is constantly crushing at 86%. I tried Windows 10, MacOS, different laptops (restarts, reboots, etc.) but it still crushing at 86% (Firmware Update failed. Please try updating again.) at the display — ADDR: 3C000. After restarting the device shows “in updater, waiting for host...” and doesn’t react at all.

Without completing the upgrade I can't use DigiTech rp360. It doesn't react and is just frozen.

How can I restore to default settings or what is the problem with the update?

Thanks.

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,100

You can try the factory reset by holding the Store button as you power the device up. See if you can complete the procedure by following the onscreen prompts. Also make sure that when the firmware update is running from the Nexus Librarian that your PC is not going into a sleep mode etc. Also try a different USB cable. If it is still not working let me know and we can go from there.

• mfrasermfraser Posts: 2

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, none of these methods helped to solve the problem. Due to an update error, the firmware was not fully installed, and when you restart the device with the Store button, it simply does not respond and shows: In updater, waiting for host

Maybe you have a different version of the firmware? (an older one)

@mfraser said:
    Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, none of these methods helped to solve the problem. Due to an update error, the firmware was not fully installed, and when you restart the device with the Store button, it simply does not respond and shows: In updater, waiting for host

Maybe you have a different version of the firmware? (an older one)

Sorry I do not have an older version of the firmware to send no. Typically with these firmware update failure issues we have to have the unit sent in to have it reflashed by service if the update will not complete via the software. I am asking them now to see if they have a utility that they use or what the procedure is. I will let you know when I hear back from them.

Okay so there is not a utility that can be utilized to reflash the firmware in the field. The only option would be to arrange for service. To setup a service request you can contact Tech Support in the US (contact is in my signature) if you are outside of the US you will need to contact your regional distributor.