Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech Products

Trio+ pedal and looper

I was wondering if someone has any advise on what may be happening with my Trio +.

I plug my guitar into my amp (Fender tube amp), adjust the volume to the correct setting to play in my house at night and not upset the neighbours. Master volume set to just over 2 with my guitar volume at full. I then plug my guitar into the Trio + in order to start teaching it and the guitar sound that comes through the amp is so loud that it almost blows my head off and hurts my ears. Thus making it unusable.

If I turn the volume down on my guitar to compensate, the trio+ doesn't learn what I'm trying to teach it correctly, if at all.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and how did you fix it or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

@nathanows said:
    I was wondering if someone has any advise on what may be happening with my Trio +.

I plug my guitar into my amp (Fender tube amp), adjust the volume to the correct setting to play in my house at night and not upset the neighbours. Master volume set to just over 2 with my guitar volume at full. I then plug my guitar into the Trio + in order to start teaching it and the guitar sound that comes through the amp is so loud that it almost blows my head off and hurts my ears. Thus making it unusable.

If I turn the volume down on my guitar to compensate, the trio+ doesn't learn what I'm trying to teach it correctly, if at all.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and how did you fix it or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

The Trio+ should not effect the guitar volume at all, but if you are talking about the Loop or band Track they have individual controls for the Looper, Bass and Drums. Also make sure the Guitar FX light is not on.

• nathanowsnathanows Posts: 3
    Thanks for your reply. No, I've made sure the Fx light isn't on and have set the loop knob volume to 12 o'clock and bass and drum knobs to 10 o'clock as per the instructions in the user manual in the how to teach the trio section. As mentioned when I then plug the guitar into the trio and begin the process to teach it, the volume coming out of the amp spikes, so loud that I can't use it at night in the house. It's like there is some internal volume switch that is cranked to full but I can't figure out what's causing it.
  • nathanowsnathanows Posts: 3
    I've also just tried a reset by holding FX button and Alt time buttons in conjunction with adding power. It hasn't had any impact on the issue.
  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

Sounds like the pedal is faulty yes. At this point I would either look into replacement via the retailer if you are still in your return window or if you are in the US you can contact Tech Support below for service options (1 year warranty for the Trio+ from purchase date)

If you are outside of the US you will need to contact your regional distributor