Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech Software

Just checking Windows 10 Compatibility for X-Edit RP500

Hi,

In the readme file that comes with the driver linked on the RP500 downloads page, it states;

WINDOWS 10 OPERATING SYSTEM NOTIFICATION
The correct operation of the full, public release of Windows 10 is not yet verified by our development and test departments. As a result, support for Windows 10 is not currently offered for DigiTech digital hardware, software applications, or third-party proprietary software used with our products. We cannot confirm a date for providing support for Windows 10, but note that full software testing and verification is underway.

To keep your system working normally with the affected products, DigiTech strongly recommends waiting before upgrading your operating system to Windows 10 until full software testing and verification has been completed.

The readme that comes with X-Edit is a bit more positive, listing windows 10 on there, but it still warns we should wait. Is all this just outdated text? Do I need to install the driver or just xedit? Thanks! I used to use it on my mac but its defunct now so switching to my new windows machine to control my RP500.

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,100

The latest version of X-Edit should be fine on Windows 10 still yes, but you may want to check you have the old .net 2.0 legacy version enabled too, reference these steps

Click Start, type in "Windows Features" then Click on the "Turn Windows Features on Or Off" if the first check box for .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" is unchecked, check it and hit okay and go through the following prompts. Install X-Edit after.

• TobyNetTobyNet Posts: 2

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    The latest version of X-Edit should be fine on Windows 10 still yes, but you may want to check you have the old .net 2.0 legacy version enabled too, reference these steps

Click Start, type in "Windows Features" then Click on the "Turn Windows Features on Or Off" if the first check box for .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" is unchecked, check it and hit okay and go through the following prompts. Install X-Edit after.

Got it all working now! Thank you for your swift response and help. Really appreciate it.

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,100

@TobyNet said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

Got it all working now! Thank you for your swift response and help. Really appreciate it.

You're welcome!