Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

ilight protocol problem

Light device problem

I have an ILight device that is connected to my ni-3100 on R232 (the protocol is added)

I want to do a RC (request channel) command for channels I have, to get a report about the channel (channel on or off). I have button in the TP4 for each channel, and if the channel is on the button is also on.

I need to wait 100ms between the RC commands.

When I am doing this RC command for 10 channels the buttons are working well. But if I am trying to do for 20 channels or more the buttons are going crazy. Some of the buttons turn on even if the channel is in off mode. I tried to raise the delay between the command to 200ms or even 300ms but it is still doesn’t work well. Furthermore if I have 60 channels for example I need to wait 6 seconds before sending other commands to the iLight device and this isn’t good because I don’t want to wait this long period.

I have tried to do a request channel level commands for all channels in an area instead of each channels separately but the command doesn’t work good.

I asked the iLight support but they don’t know how to do it.

If someone have some other solutions to my problem I would be thankful.

Comments

• Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Hi Udi,

Please don't cross post threads in different subforums.

This message is identical to the one you posted here:
    http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?7916-ilight-protocol-problem

If somebody hasn't answered you there, it could well be because we can't offer advice based on the information you've given. If you're desperate for an answer, post another message in the same thread you started.

Spawning multiple identical threads for a single question such as you've been doing, for example here:

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?7635-bargraph-question&p=52837#post52837
    http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?7634-bargraph-question&p=52833#post52833

is considered poor forum etiquette and could mean that people will stop answering your questions.

Points 2 and 11 below are good tips.
    Auser wrote: »
    Hmm, I just noticed that there's no sticky with forum guidelines. Scanning a few results from a Google search for "forum etiquette" will stand you in good stead.

Here's a set of tips pulled from a random search result (http://forum-services-review.toptenreviews.com/25-forum-posting-etiquette-tips.html):

25 Forum Posting Etiquette Tips

1. Read the forums rules and guidelines before posting for the first time.

2. Search the other posts to see if your topic is already covered.

3. Use a meaningful title for your thread.

4. Do not use a forum to promote your product, service or business.

5. Be civil. Personal differences should be handled through email or IM and not through posts displayed to everyone.

6. Stay on topic.

7. Ignore spammers, respond to them personally and not through the board, or report them.

8. Do not submit a post that requires readers to download a large attachment. Either explain the attachment or, better yet, provide a link to the information.

9. Use plain text over HTML if you want your post to be readable by everyone.

10. In order to be understood by most people, use correct spelling, grammar and avoid slang unless you know the word or phrase will be understood by other members.

11. Do not double post (post the same message twice in one thread) or cross post (place the same message across several forums).

12. Act in a give and take manner; help others as often as or more than you ask for help.

13. Do not use all caps or SHOUT in your posts. In addition, one exclamation point is enough.

14. When replying to a post, do not quote more from the previous post than you have to.

15. Do not post new problems on someone else's thread and interrupt a topic of discussion.

16. Do not use someone else’s thread for a private conversation.

17. Most forums prohibit warez, cracks or illegal downloading of software and similar topics.

18. Watch your sense of humor, posts may be read by people from a variety of backgrounds and ages.

19. Do not use a huge and annoying signature, a modest signature is fine, moderators may remove large ones anyway.

20. Do not post any information that you want private. Posts should not contain personal, identifiable information or content embarrassing to others.

21. Do not post content that violates a copyright.

22. Do not post ”empty” or useless responses, such as just ”lol” or ”cool.” Only post responses when you have something to contribute.

23. Write concisely and do not ramble.

24. Do not use words like ”urgent” or ”important” in your subject line, be patient.

25. Do not chastise newbies.

I probably just violated a few of these :D