Home DigiTech Products

RP500 no output sound

Need help, I'm helping a friend who recently bought a DigiTech RP500. everything works normal on the RP until 1 day, it just won't output a sound, no output even in BYPASS Mode, nor a signal when in Tuner Mode. No liquid spill coz it was just used for personal practice/hobby.
(Just updated to Ver 2.0, thinking that would restore back the output sound failures.

Any one experienced something like this? Need help...

Thank you in advance......

Answers

• bradixbradix Posts: 3

by the way, power is normal, even did a factory reset and firmware upgrade, checked the cables... tnx...

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 688

Make sure that the RP500 is being powered by our PS0913B adapter. It will not work with aftermarket or non OEM Power Supplies.

• bradixbradix Posts: 3

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    Make sure that the RP500 is being powered by our PS0913B adapter. It will not work with aftermarket or non OEM Power Supplies.

yes i am certainly using the genuine power supply...

Unfortunately there might be other issues with the device then that require service if these normal troubleshooting steps do not resolve. Our Factory Service center is closed currently due to COVID19, no eta on reopening yet. I would recommend contacting an authorized service center. Jay @ The Tone Garage is competent with our equipment:

The Tone Garage
    725 W Ventura Blvd. Unit E
    Camarillo, CA 93010
    (805) 482-5222

[email protected]
    https://thetonegarage.com

The other possibility is the adapter still, even the correct one, I had an RP500 and I had the same problem, the output just fizzled out one day, I got a new PS0913B-120 and it came right back up with sound.