Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon General Discussion

The ilok account that i use on my PC for many products successfully works WITHOUT a hardware key

So can i use Lexicon like this or do i have to still buy the hardware key

Thank you

Best Answers

• horsetagshorsetags Posts: 2
    Answer ✓

Thank you for replying and clarification

Answers

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,365

@matv99 said:
    @HARMAN_EElde
    Could you maybe elaborate on the 'new' update? I've always wanted to buy the Lexicon PCM Reverb bundle, but because of the iLok, I just can't buy it until then. In fact, it's very bad as I won't lie, I've had to pirate the plugin to Demo it as for some reason you still need a key to demo... Of course I don't use it since I hate using pirated stuff. So I have to stick with the lx480 by Relab that I own.

I've spent hundreds on trying to get a plugin that's as good as or better than the PCM stuff, and I just can't do it. The LX480 comes extremely close, but it's just not as wide as the actual lexicon stuff.

Would the new update use iLok cloud or just be a simple serial/account authentication? Also would there be an updated GUI and would this be something we'd see this year?

Basically I want you to take my money and I think I speak for many others too, I think releasing the 'new update' sooner rather than later would be extremely beneficial to lexicon and Harman in many fundamental ways.

Thanks,

All I have heard is that they eventually are wanting to get away from the Pace licensing completely and have the plugin use a license that we administer ourselves. No idea on the GUI either. I have no further info for that and no ETA/Schedule. For now, the USB iLok Key is a requirement if you want to use these plugins.

@matv99 said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    (Quote)
    All I have heard is that they eventually are wanting to get away from the Pace licensing completely and have the plugin use a license that we administer ourselves. No idea on the GUI either. I have no further info for that and no ETA/Schedule. For now, the USB iLok Key is a requirement if you want to use these plugins.

So the Beta is underway, once successful would it be a fairly immediate release?

Really looking forward to the update!!

There is a Beta version of the LXP Native Reverb Bundle to address a fix for running the plugins on Mac OS 10.14/10.15 but this still would require the USB iLok Key. The two are not related.

I absolutely understand your concern and appreciate your feedback.

I know people press me for ETA, estimates, and such for plans when this or that will be coming. I really just do not want to commit to any sort of ETA personally because I do not have that information until they give it to me, and they haven't and I am not authorized to make guesses. Even then if I just make a guess, and then you come back "next Summer" and it's not here, then you say "Well your guy told us it would be ready by summer..." and I personally just can't and will not do it. I know that's not the answer you want but I'm holding firm to that.

All I can say it is definitely in the pipeline as I mentioned before in the phases of updating the plugins as we move forward. Right now, the biggest concern is getting our issues with the plugins to work with Mac and the ongoing issues we have with that, then the next phases after that begin.

Keep an eye on the forum for updates and you can also sign up for the newsletter for product updates and news:
    https://lexiconpro.com/lexicon-newsletter

edited October 2020

Also to be clear, the statement that the "PCM Bundle is essentially abandon ware" is incorrect and not at all the case. I want to address that so people reading this forum do not share that out there when that is not accurate. I know that people want things done yesterday, but yes everything is being worked on actively. There is active software development happening for the plugins.

edited October 2020

Your concerns are appreciated and understood and I've definitely made people aware that need to be, I advocate as much as I can for customers but I don't make the decisions either. I'll reiterate that the software is being actively supported and is not abandonware. Even though it doesn't meet your expectation, that is the fact of it. We are fixing it now. It is taking way longer than we would like of course, but that doesn't mean no one is fixing it. I realize you would want more transparency into who is fixing it but our developers assigned to fixing it do not have direct contact with the customers. I have to be your middle man between you and them. That is just how it is.

All I can keep saying is that we will make news/announcements when they are available. The last update was that the LXP Native Reverb Bundle was starting beta testing for the Mac issue and that it is actually concluding very soon and a new release will be made available to fix the issue with Mac OS 10.14/10.15. I actually made an announcement about it here on the forum when we were looking for testers (https://proforums.harman.com/lexicon/discussion/137153/lexicon-lxp-native-reverb-bundle-beta-testing-mac-os-10-14-10-15#latest). We already selected everyone and that test is about to conclude. We are going to be doing the same for the PCM Native Effects Bundle as the PCM Native Reverb Bundle is working fine with the latest Mac OS as well, it's just the PCM Native Effects that have an issue.

Again, the iLok key is still a requirement, and I have no date for that, but it will not be this year I can at least guarantee that! Other than that, I can't give you estimates I do not have, and I think my explanation was sufficient as to why. We'll just have to agree to disagree on some things here which is fine, even though I understand where you are coming from! I am doing my best to press them and advocate for you guys indeed. I also use the plugins too outside of work so it is important to me too. Thanks again for your feedback and concerns.