Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products

Bluetooth broadcast intermittent

Hi, I have two new eon one compact speakers which both work fine independently but when placed into broadcast mode, Bluetooth becomes intermittent with audio stuttering, speeding up , slowing down and stopping altogether. Sometimes it will work fine but mostly not. I’ve tried resetting units, reloading app, tried various different Apple devices with iOS 12 , 10 and 14 (in case iOS Bluetooth fault). I’m now thinking perhaps when updating speaker firmware an error occurred and wondering if I can re install ? I have tried everything else. I have noticed that when setting the host speaker, sometimes it’s front led changes from white to green and when done so, it works as it should. Mostly however, when pressing X to enable broadcast, the green led turns back to white. My thinking is the problem lies with data stream between speakers? Any ideas or help regarding how to reinstall firmware would be gratefully received. Thanks Paul ( firmware version 5.1.1 (200227)

Comments

• Please try the latest firmware released on monday . You may have to uninstall and reinstall the APP
    look for 5.1.4

• @PaulTee said:
    Hi, I have two new eon one compact speakers which both work fine independently but when placed into broadcast mode, Bluetooth becomes intermittent with audio stuttering, speeding up , slowing down and stopping altogether. Sometimes it will work fine but mostly not. I’ve tried resetting units, reloading app, tried various different Apple devices with iOS 12 , 10 and 14 (in case iOS Bluetooth fault). I’m now thinking perhaps when updating speaker firmware an error occurred and wondering if I can re install ? I have tried everything else. I have noticed that when setting the host speaker, sometimes it’s front led changes from white to green and when done so, it works as it should. Mostly however, when pressing X to enable broadcast, the green led turns back to white. My thinking is the problem lies with data stream between speakers? Any ideas or help regarding how to reinstall firmware would be gratefully received. Thanks Paul ( firmware version 5.1.1 (200227)

could you solve your problem? the same thing is happening to me.

• We're working on fixing the intermittent broadcast issue. For best results, please try to stream and control from separate devices.

• KareKare Posts: 6

Ok so now JBL has found the file on a remote server, and I have run an update on firmware.
    But did not get much better. BT is as before with the master speaker disappearing from the connect app.

Is there no one else who has this problem?
    If it is, then it indicates that there is a fault in the two I have.

• memdememde Posts: 2

This is happening to me with my EON ONE Compact speakers. Will try the different devices for streaming and controlling and see if that works. Hoping this is fixed soon...

• memdememde Posts: 2

UPDATE: ran two different devices and it mostly works, with a littler intermittent issue here and there. Talked to tech support and they said they did not know of this problem. Connected phone and tried to run app and stream and it was a nightmare with speeding up and skipping. @HARMAN_Brandon_Knudsen is there any fix for this? Running iPhone 11 on 14.6 and speakers are up to date on their firmware (maybe 5.2.5?)

• @memde Are you running on separate devices? BT Broadcast is considerably more stable when streaming from one device, and controlling from another.

• @HARMAN_Brandon_Knudsen said:
    @memde Are you running on separate devices? BT Broadcast is considerably more stable when streaming from one device, and controlling from another.

Hi, Can you explain to me how I would set that up say with an ipad and and iphone? I am not entirely sure what you mean by streaming from one device and controlling from another? Thanks

• > @Kare said:
    > Ok so now JBL has found the file on a remote server, and I have run an update on firmware.
    > But did not get much better. BT is as before with the master speaker disappearing from the connect app.
    >
    > Is there no one else who has this problem?
    > If it is, then it indicates that there is a fault in the two I have.

J'ai exactement le même problème.
    Et je trouve aucune solution.
    Une grosse déception pour moi ses enceintes.
    Si quelqu'un a une solution je suis preneur.
    Et que fais le service après vente Harman