Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products

JBL eon one compact firmware update fail

Can't get my 2 eon one compact updated.
When I try on BT broadcast, the HOST speaker disappears from the app.
The app is generally slow in response to the sliders. And the music chops and increases in speed.
All this should probably be fixed if I only get updated firmware, which I do not get since the file is not on a remote server (message in the app).
Was this purchase a mistake, I ask myself.

And yes I have tried and reinstalled the app, reset with the buttons, with and without power connected .....

Comments

• kpricekprice Posts: 1

Having the same issue with the firmware update. It tells me it is available, but when I go to download, it says "the file is not on a remote server". Tried update from two separate devices.

• KareKare Posts: 6

Got this from Harman UK:

Afternoon Kare,

Support for your product should be provided initially through your point of sale, who will be able to provide first line support in most cases.

With this said, you are correct. To resolve this specific problem should it arise then you will need a firmware update, we are aware that there is a server issue where the file isn't currently available which is being investigated currently, please check back on the app regularly and it should become available over the next few days.

——-

So keep trying

• KareKare Posts: 6

Ok so now JBL has found the file on a remote server, and I have run an update on firmware.
    But did not get much better. BT is as before with the master speaker disappearing from the connect app.

Is there no one else who has this problem?
    If it is, then it indicates that there is a fault in the two I have.

• thethe Posts: 4

Today 06/11/2021..I got problem the same ..Can not update the firmware...Try ret..try difrient phone..Try another location and it just say conection failed...

• Got the same problem IE can't update firmware tried all on hear no go, what a shame as the unit is brilliant except for the connection problem .

• J'ai exactement le même problème.
    Sauf, que j'ai réussi à mettre à jour le firmware.
    Mais le problème du bluetooth reste le même.
    Quand je fais une association des deux enceinte hoste/remonte, l'enceinte hoste disparaît de l'application, je pensais que c'était fais exprès, pour contrôler les deux en même temps, mais pas du tout en fait, se qui aurait été intéressant.
    Et le bluetooth décroche plus facilement que sur n'importe quelle enceinte grand public de la marque.
    Je suis un peux dégouté de se manque d'aboutissement pour une enceinte à plus de 500€, et j'en ai deux😭
  • Unpair your speaker from the app, forget it from your device list in your BT settings, then repair and try again. Fixes about 97% of all connection related issues.

• KirkKirk Posts: 4

@HARMAN_Brandon_Knudsen said:
    Unpair your speaker from the app, forget it from your device list in your BT settings, then repair and try again. Fixes about 97% of all connection related issues.

Just bought a pair of these, after initial setup and broadcast setup, works ok when app is on. When units are turned off, and turned on again, they disappear from the app. Followed the steps you mentioned only for it to happen again. Both on IOS and Android.

• @Kirk said:

@HARMAN_Brandon_Knudsen said:
    Unpair your speaker from the app, forget it from your device list in your BT settings, then repair and try again. Fixes about 97% of all connection related issues.

Just bought a pair of these, after initial setup and broadcast setup, works ok when app is on. When units are turned off, and turned on again, they disappear from the app. Followed the steps you mentioned only for it to happen again. Both on IOS and Android.

Are you using the same device for streaming as control? If so, can you try to stream from a separate device than you are controlling with and see if that fixes it?

• SimonSkiSimonSki Posts: 1

I'm having similar issues.

The Bluetooth streaming is useless, glitchy and unusable.
    the system for updating the firmware doesn't work.

mine has v 5.0.8.
    I press check for update it says:
    CURRENT FIRMWARE VERSION 5.0.8(190926)
    LATEST FIRMWARE VERSION 5.1.5

[UPDATE]

I then press[UPDATE]
    and it looks like it is doing an update for a while but after all is said and done it still has version 5.0.8.

its as if it is reinstalling the old version rather than installing the new version.

I really wish i hadn't bought this speaker at this point.

What am i supposed to do?

• Im having the same issues with BT connectivity. Or lack of. The Jbl Eon One Compact makes it impossible to be professional. Due to its constant connection fails.