Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products

JBL EON 715

Hi All, Has anybody used these speakers yet? And if so, what are your thoughts on them? Are they reliable? Can you push them hard and play them loud for long periods of time and not have to worry about them overheating, clipping, or blowing on you? Do they have clear, crisp highs and punchy lows? Would they work in a large venue with high ceilings and 250 people?
Thanks, Scott

Comments

• I just received my pair of EON 712. The speakers sound good. I'm having trouble connecting bluetooth paired to play in stereo.
    I get one speaker to work at a time through my iphone.
    I look forward to learning more. I am dissapointed that it's not intuitive for them to pair and play in stereo.

• ever figure it out?

they couldnt be less intuitave if they tried. and sales folks haven't helped either. no one seems to care.

@Tim_Ogle said:
    I just received my pair of EON 712. The speakers sound good. I'm having trouble connecting bluetooth paired to play in stereo.
    I get one speaker to work at a time through my iphone.
    I look forward to learning more. I am dissapointed that it's not intuitive for them to pair and play in stereo.

• BT audio streaming is limited to 1 speaker in summed mono at this current time.

• kivankivan Posts: 1

Thank you Brandon. When will full multi speaker Bluetooth 5.0 functionality be available? I was hoping to use a pair in stereo.

Thanks.

• Will stereo bluetooth streaming be added at a later date? In the meantime, can you pair one speaker and and connect them via cable for stereo output or will it continue to be dual mono?

• I don’t know if it’s normal but don’t be able to send bluetooth audio to my PA system ( normally 2 speakers) during my last gig was a total turn of for me and i feel Shame. i was trying to pair the two together like we can on lot of cheep beach speakers (stereo bluetooth) and everytime i link the other stop playing. i’ve bought a Eon 610 because it said bluetooth and i was disappointed the first time i realise it’s not audio bluetooth. Now with the Eon 712 im disappointed again because it’s absolutely not normal for a PA system to not send stereo audio.
  • UPDATE your speakers firmware and now you can pair 2 JBL EON715 with TWS mode with Bluetooth.
    TRUE WIRELESS STEREO (TWS) MODE

Minimum firmware version for TWS mode: 6.1.5.0

https://jblpro.com/en/site_elements/eon700-true-wireless-stereo-tws-instructions

Hope this helps everyone with the pairing issues when try to connect 2 speakers and have them be in stereo BT mode.