Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products

JBL Eon One Compact - Disable Bluetooth Pairing

Every time I am using the Eon One Compact and my phone gets near it, the unit attempts to pair to the phone. This is OFTEN not desired. I could not find in the user guide how to disable bluetooth pairing. Please advise.

Comments

• Hi, I have just discovered this forum. I see you asked this question a month ago with no reply which is disappointing. I asked this same question last year to the Harmon support team in the UK and was told the bluetooth or its bleapy alert noise can't be deactivated. I find it really annoying. The blue tooth alert sound is so loud too. Its not professional - especially when I am set up with my piano for wedding ceremonies. I hope they will recognise this is a problem and fix it

• Hi Nigel, Thanks for the info. My unit seems to be doing this even more often than before. It is ridiculously annoying. I can't believe that JBL can be so mindless in their development and maintenance of the product and its firmware...

• jbrockjbrock Posts: 2
    Same problem and seems to be happening more frequently. Makes the unit unreliable. I have two compact one units but only one has this problem. The unit with the problem is closest to where I and my fon are.

Still no response from JBL Harmon?
  • jbrockjbrock Posts: 2
    The only solution I’ve found is to disable Bluetooth on my fon which in turn disables the app. And the fon app is why I bought the unit in the first place.
  • MaraMara Posts: 7
    I don't think I'll ever buy a speaker with Bluetooth again until these companies get it figured out. I never even needed this feature I'm hooking up with a microphone and a wire and it ain't working.
  • I recommend you switch to the JBL Pro Connect app. I was experiencing a lot of the same promlems on the old Compact Connect app. Switching to the JBL Pro Connect app solved them.

Also recommend you do a 'Factory Reset' after installing the new app.

I'm running the app on a cheap Samsung tablet, which gives you a more detailed view and makes it easier to set parameters and add new scenes.

BT broadcast works flawlessly. Once set up, you don't even have to open the app. Just turn the speakers on and you're in business.